USMLE nbme comprehensive clinical exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anb99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school has a requirement for passing the NBME Comp administered at the Prometric center before being approved for CK. A score of 76 is required (translates to 215 on the real deal).
1) any tips or suggestions for doing well on this exam from students who have already taken this?

2) how does it compare to NBME forms available online for purchase?

I have been using MTB 2 and Uworld (70-average) to study.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My school does a similar thing, I took the exam with a few days after prep after my OB/GYN shelf and found it to be manageable. It felt like a much easier Shelf.
I would recommend doing an NBME or 2 online as the question topics were pretty similar. The biggest difference was the question length - the school administered one has very long questions (probably similar to CK)

My school has recently implemented this exam also, I am in the process of preparing for it now. Pass for us is set at 74 from what I was told.

My school does a similar thing, I took the exam with a few days after prep after my OB/GYN shelf and found it to be manageable. It felt like a much easier Shelf.
I would recommend doing an NBME or 2 online as the question topics were pretty similar. The biggest difference was the question length - the school administered one has very long questions (probably similar to CK)

How did your prep this comprehensive shelf? And how were your scores on the other shelf exams compared to this comprehensive shelf? Is uworld sufficient?

I basically prepped by prepping for all of my shelf exams during third year. I reread my UWorld notes for the 5 days I had and just took it.
My shelf scores were low to upper 80s (except psych which was 78). I scored in mid 90s on the comp shelf.
personally UWorld was sufficient for me. It helps if you have a good step 1 knowledge base.

Reactions: 1 user