NBME Online Self-Assessment Test Score vs USMLE Step 3 score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

korry1977

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the correllation is?

I scored 450... (mean is 500 +/- SD of 100) (Range 200 - 800)

Does anyone know what a 450 would be on Step 3?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

:D

Well, I got my results back...

amazingly got about the same as the NBME assessment exam...

I scored the mean

thankfully, I will not have to take any more Steps...

YAY!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:D

Well, I got my results back...

amazingly got about the same as the NBME assessment exam...

I scored the mean

thankfully, I will not have to take any more Steps...

YAY!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you for your updated info.

I also have good experience of correlation of NBME score with the real step 1 and step 2 CK score.

However, for step 3, since it has CCS, and the NBME only has MCQs, how can NBME also precisely predict the real score of step 3 without CCS cases? Please explain to me. Thanks,

Thank you for your updated info.

I also have good experience of correlation of NBME score with the real step 1 and step 2 CK score.

However, for step 3, since it has CCS, and the NBME only has MCQs, how can NBME also precisely predict the real score of step 3 without CCS cases? Please explain to me. Thanks,

Sure, no prob.....

I did CCS practice through the CD / online free practice, USMLEworld CCS cases (which are all text, there is no software or anything...).

I did the CCS practice to familiarize myself with the software and possibilities... Over and over again... many times...

On my Score Report I got back I did well on CCS portion... so I guess it just reflected (NBME practice questions) my performance on the multiple choice blocks of the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)