NBME Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDwithAdream

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The medical school I attend uses NBMEs for most of the final exams (Histology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Microbiology, etc). Any recommendations for books or online resources for practicing similar questions to the NBMEs? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

UWorld is the best IMO, but it’s expensive. Premade Anki decks will get you there too, but not as good as a proper full length question with explanation.

Members don't see this ad :)
UWorld is the best IMO, but it’s expensive. Premade Anki decks will get you there too, but not as good as a proper full length question with explanation.
I think UWorld should be saved until you're using it to prep for step 1. Until then, Rx and Kaplan work well (AMBOSS too if you have a masochistic streak)

Reactions: 1 users
My school uses NBME... I do around 300-400 practice questions before every exam (we have 1 exam per block). They provide us with about 100 of those practice questions throughout the block, and the rest come from ScholarRX, Amboss, Osmosis and the BnB quizzes. I love it. My class got a massive discount for Amboss, and we were provided ScholarRX and Osmosis with the school, so I can’t speak to whether or not it’s worth it to buy it yourself. I rely heavily on practice problems and have scored very well. I personally am saving UWorld for STEP prep but with P/F Step 1 for my class (most likely), I’m not sure how much it matters. Anki to reinforce everything!