NBOME - COMLEX PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaggabrotha

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It appears the COMLEX PE is coming back next year.

6F75DA62-2A3A-453D-AA6E-EFEEF04E8448.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
I read it as the current system is dead. I don't think PE is coming back at all. Maybe a version done at your school but PE is dead

Reactions: 7 users
I read it as the current system is dead. I don't think PE is coming back at all. Maybe a version done at your school but PE is dead
Right, but sounds like Class of 2024 and beyond would have to undergo some kind of PE

Members don't see this ad :)
Right, but sounds like Class of 2024 and beyond would have to undergo some kind of PE
I believe the Class of 2024 and 2025 just need the dean’s attestation.

Reactions: 2 users
I believe as it currently stands, it's your program director at the program you match at for residency that has to approve you. So if you don't match, I wonder if a DO graduate can still take Level 3.

And yes, formal discontinuation of PE means it's dead.

That’s how I read it as well.

I believe as it currently stands, it's your program director at the program you match at for residency that has to approve you. So if you don't match, I wonder if a DO graduate can still take Level 3.

And yes, formal discontinuation of PE means it's dead.

I think they are killing it and putting a new one in place. The report (link below) says they are developing a “core competency capstone”. But I don’t know if it will be mandatory for Class of 2024, or if 2024 will just be used as guiene pigs (which I’m fine with as long as they don’t make me pay to it fly anywhere to take it).

COMLEX-PE is dead, period.
They will be working to implement/improve clinical skills testing at the COM level. Basically beefing up OSCEs.

Reactions: 4 users