NBOME Pilot Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In about 2 weeks, 2/3 of my class has to spend the day taking this exam, which is apparently for the NBOME to test new questions/question types for Step 2. (think mini-step 2)

I haven't heard any rumblings on here as of yet. Are any other MS3s being subjected to this?

We were told that it doesn't count for anything, but then they told us that our scores are being recorded *by name* and reported to the school! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMom said:
So, I'm assuming at this point from the rush of responses that my class is the only one being subjected to this. *sigh*

I saw postings at OU-COM a few weeks ago advertising this and seeking volunteers for the "pilot run." I don't know if anyone volunteered for it (I'm a lowly first-year so I couldn't participate).

Shinken said:
I saw postings at OU-COM a few weeks ago advertising this and seeking volunteers for the "pilot run." I don't know if anyone volunteered for it (I'm a lowly first-year so I couldn't participate).

Hmmm. We didn't get to volunteer.

Took the test today & I didn't think it was too bad. Mostly cases with questions dealing with diagnosis & treatment (ie: what's the most appropriate first test to order for this patient). There were a few *typical* COMLEX questions, but I felt that this was a little better written than step 1.

BTW: they officially called this thing the COMAT pilot study.