NC DPT 2022-2023 admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benjamin Pennington

Reaction score
Hey guys I figured I’d go ahead and start a thread for this years admissions cycle in NC. I’ll go ahead and start with my stats. cGPA - 3.49 pre req - 3.25 - 3.51 depending on school. It looks bad but really just one bad grade in chem 2. My last 60 hours is mostly A’s with some B’s. 180 shadowing hours, not much other extracurriculars as I work 3 jobs to afford to live. I’m applying to ETSU, Campbell, Elon, Emory & Henry, Lynchburg, and Charleston southern. Comment y’all’s stats and Goodluck!

Interviews: Campbell (turned down), Elon
Accepted : Emory & Henry, University of Lynchburg
Denied :
Waitlisted :

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi, is this only for NC schools? I applied to schools in different states, and interested in admission stats there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Duke and VCU (I know it isn't in NC, but close enough). My cGPA is 3.95 with my prerequisite GPA being about a 3.94. I have over 1000 shadowing hours but that is because I was a physical therapist aide. I only have 3 settings I have shadowed in, one inpatient and two outpatient. I have some extra curricular being the president of my exercise science club, a chair in my fraternity, on the deans team, and a student ambassador. I am excited to have hit submit last week on 5 schools! Good luck everyone!

I applied to Duke and VCU (I know it isn't in NC, but close enough). My cGPA is 3.95 with my prerequisite GPA being about a 3.94. I have over 1000 shadowing hours but that is because I was a physical therapist aide. I only have 3 settings I have shadowed in, one inpatient and two outpatient. I have some extra curricular being the president of my exercise science club, a chair in my fraternity, on the deans team, and a student ambassador. I am excited to have hit submit last week on 5 schools! Good luck everyone!
Jeez this is the best stats I have seen. You got any school you want for sure. Good stuff man.

Hey everyone! Applied to Duke, ECU, WCU, Methodist, UNC, and High Point.

My stats:
cGPA: 3.81
pGPA: 3.8
Observation hours: 350
Extras: pre-pt club, exs student club, employment as a pt tech and ER tech, dean's list 2019-current, and honors college from 2019-2021 when I dropped lol

Good luck everyone!!

Interviewing: Methodist, High Point, ECU
Accepted:
Denied: Duke
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
Hey guys! I also applied to NC schools, I submitted the first week of August and anxiously waiting to hear back! I applied to HPU, WCU, ECU, Elon and Methodist!

Update: Received an interview with Methodist, WCU
Accepted: Methodist

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have applied to Elon, Campbell, High Point, UNC, and Belmont. I have received interviews with Elon, Campbell, and High Point but I am still waiting to hear back from UNC. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for UNC to review applications?

Hey guys! I also applied to NC schools, I submitted the first week of August and anxiously waiting to hear back! I applied to HPU, WCU, ECU, Elon and Methodist!

Update: Received an interview with Methodist on 9/12
How did your interview with Methodist go?

Hey guys! I have applied to Elon, Campbell, High Point, UNC, and Belmont. I have received interviews with Elon, Campbell, and High Point but I am still waiting to hear back from UNC. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for UNC to review applications?
Hey if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Hey if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
- Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Overall GPA undergrad - 3.64
- Prereq GPA - varies from 3.3 - 3.7 depending on the school
- Grad GPA - 3.8 (not sure if they look at this or not)
- Experience - 300+ observation hours in 2 different settings (pediatric and outpatients). I have a PT aide job at an outpatient clinic and have experience as a masters athletic training student. I also have 3 years of experience working with sports medicine for a D1 football team.
- This is also my second time applying to DPT school.

When did you hear back from HPU? I applied the first week of August. I got the email that my application was under review but haven't heard anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you hear back from HPU? I applied the first week of August. I got the email that my application was under review but haven't heard anything else.
I received a phone call last Friday notifying me that they had an update on my application status. Returned their call on Monday and they offered me an interview for September 26th. However, I just got an email today saying my application was still under review.

I received a phone call last Friday notifying me that they had an update on my application status. Returned their call on Monday and they offered me an interview for September 26th. However, I just got an email today saying my application was still under review.
I’m interviewing with HPU on the 26th too!

Hey guys I figured I’d go ahead and start a thread for this years admissions cycle in NC. I’ll go ahead and start with my stats. cGPA - 3.49 pre req - 3.25 - 3.51 depending on school. It looks bad but really just one bad grade in chem 2. My last 60 hours is mostly A’s with some B’s. 180 shadowing hours, not much other extra curriculars as I work 3 jobs to afford to live. I’m applying to ETSU, Campbell, Elon, Emory & Henry, Lynchburg, and Charleston southern. Comment y’all’s stats and Goodluck!

update: recieved an interview for Emory & Henry
When is your interview with e&h?

When is your interview with e&h?
My interview was two fridays ago, September 9th. They told me I would receive a decision letter no later than September 19th which is tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Update : just got accepted!

Last edited:
My interview was two fridays ago, September 9th. They told me I would receive a decision letter no later than September 19th which is tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Update : just got accepted!
Congrats! I’m a current 2nd year there so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Congrats! I’m a current 2nd year there so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Thank you! Apparently I only have 2 weeks to accept the admission and place my deposit which is alarming. Was this the same amount of time you had to accept? I pretty much am going to have to fully commit without hearing from any other schools which is a slight bummer.

Thank you! Apparently I only have 2 weeks to accept the admission and place my deposit which is alarming. Was this the same amount of time you had to accept? I pretty much am going to have to fully commit without hearing from any other schools which is a slight bummer.
I was accepted off of the waitlist so it was a bit of a different situation, but I only had 2 weeks to accept as well. Did you apply early decision? That could be why they’re requesting the 2 weeks instead of waiting for the January 15 mark.

I was accepted off of the waitlist so it was a bit of a different situation, but I only had 2 weeks to accept as well. Did you apply early decision? That could be why they’re requesting the 2 weeks instead of waiting for the January 15 mark.
Oh gotcha. No I applied about a week after the early decision deadline. I did some research and apparently it is normal for schools to only give you 2 weeks after acceptance so I guess I’ll go ahead and fully commit to Emory & Henry. I am still really excited!!

Hey everyone! Applied to Duke, ECU, WCU, Methodist, UNC, and High Point.

My stats:
cGPA: 3.81
pGPA: 3.8
Observation hours: 350
Extras: pre-pt club, exs student club, employment as a pt tech and ER tech, dean's list 2019-current, and honors college from 2019-2021 when I dropped lol

Only supplemental materials I am waiting on at this point for three of my schools is my casper score and I still need to take my snapshot interview. If anyone has any advice for snapshot I would greatly appreciate it!!! Good luck everyone!!

Have you heard anything from ECU or WCU? I am waiting on them as well!

Have you heard anything from ECU or WCU? I am waiting on them as well!
Nothing yet. I think ECU takes a while to notify for interviews...around November or December. Not sure about WCU though.

has anyone else heard from ecu? still haven't gotten any email saying I have or have not received an interview. I was thinking about calling them

Has anyone who applied around the end of September heard from Elon?
Applied back in July and haven't heard anything. Like another comment said, I think they've only extended interviews to those who are early action!

Congratulations! Did you get an email? And were you regular decision?
Thank you, and yes it was an email! I was regular decision but applied back in July. From what the email said, sounds like its a pretty accelerated process with its rolling admissions.

I haven't received an email yet, but I received a package in the mail. The package included an acceptance letter, so you may receive a package first before getting an email.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who had an interview with WCU heard from them yet?
my assumption is they’re waiting until all welcome packages get sent out and then sending everyone emails. so we’ll probably have communication by the end of the week!

I haven't received an email yet, but I received a package in the mail. The package included an acceptance letter, so you may receive a package first before getting an email.
I just received an email saying there was an update on my application which led me to log in, and it showed the letter of acceptance.

Has anyone received the wcu package but not received an email yet? I got the package on Monday but I haven't heard anything since.

Hey guys I am on the waitlist for ECU DPT. Has anyone gotten off the waitlist now or have any information about that?

Has anyone heard or been accepted off of the WCU waitlist?