NC DPT Schools 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athleticdpt15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I made this thread to post updates for applications for NC DPT schools. Feel free to share your stats, ask questions, etc.

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!

Here are my stats:

cGPA-3.23
pGPA-3.8
scienceGPA-3.4

Verbal GRE-159
Quant GRE-158
Writing GRE-4

Have over 200 hours in out patient settings!

Applied to Duke and Elon!

Has anyone heard back from any schools yet?

Last edited:
Hi guys!

Here are my stats:

cGPA-3.23
pGPA-3.8
scienceGPA-3.4

Verbal GRE-159
Quant GRE-158
Writing GRE-4

Applied to Duke and Elon!

Has anyone heard back from any schools yet?
I applied to Duke, HPU, Wingate, and Elon and I have not heard back from any of them yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve applied to HPU and Wingate. I got an email from HPU saying they received my app, but I’ve heard nothing from Wingate!

My stats:

cGPA: 3.81
pGPA: 3.6-3.7
GRE: 149V 151Q 4.0 AWA
361 observation hours in multiple settings

Applied to Duke!
only gotten an email saying they have received my application and supplemental fee

I applied to UNC Chapel Hill and HPU. All I've gotten so far is confirmation emails saying they received my app

My application for ECU is under review. Only gotten confirmation for UNC, Duke, and Elon

So apparently Duke has already sent out interviews for the end of this month. Hopefully, there's more to come soon!

I was told that they are planning on having 4 different interview days!

Members don't see this ad :)
They sent out interview invites for September on September 1st so I’m guessing anytime before then

I received an early action interview with Duke on September 2nd for next week! I hope you all hear back soon

I just received an invitation to interview with Duke on Oct. 5th (for individual) and Oct. 9th (for group)! I submitted my PTCAS apps on September 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an invitation to interview with Duke on Oct. 5th (for individual) and Oct. 9th (for group)! I submitted my PTCAS apps on September 1st.

I just received an interview as well! same date :) I submitted (7/25)

I received an interview invite today for the 5th and 9th as well for Duke : )

I too just recieved an invite for an interview on the 5th and 9th of October! (Submitted application on 08/24) Good luck everyone!!

I applied to High Point and Duke just recently and have not heard anything back from them yet!

Odd question for my Duke people does everyone receive the questionnaire? I am so anxious to hear when people start hearing back!

Odd question for my Duke people does everyone receive the questionnaire? I am so anxious to hear when people start hearing back!
I interviewed 9/21 and 9/25 and also received the questionnaire about an hour ago

I've also received the survey today! I wonder how long it took them to send out decisions on the early interview dates!!

I am so anxious to hear from Duke. High point interview was okay, usually, there are puzzles or team-building activities and there was none of that. I also still have not heard from Elon.

I am so anxious to hear from Duke. High point interview was okay, usually, there are puzzles or team-building activities and there was none of that. I also still have not heard from Elon.
same I have not heard back from duke or high point yet. Was high point all virtual? I know most schools are doing virtual interviews but just wanted to make sure.

Those who have already had their interviews with Duke, was the group one very intense? Or was it mostly team building?

same I have not heard back from duke or high point yet. Was high point all virtual? I know most schools are doing virtual interviews but just wanted to make sure.
Yes completely virtual! Best to luck with both of them though! I've been having nightmares about Duke for days!!

Those who have already had their interviews with Duke, was the group one very intense? Or was it mostly team building?
It was really relaxed. My group was amazing. The only thing is the staff has audio and video off, and when you think about them just watching you it's a little nerve-racking.

Has anyone heard anything from UNC or ECU?
No. I think UNC and ECUs deadline is today and I don’t think they’re rolling so it might be a while until we hear from them

Applied to Duke 7/1 and had some issues with getting transcripts in to PTCAS so I couldn't get verified until late, but finally received the application confirmation 9/16. Im soooo anxious to hear back! For those of you who heard back and have had interview invites, how long after you applied did you hear anything?

Reactions: 1 users
Applied to Duke 7/1 and had some issues with getting transcripts in to PTCAS so I couldn't get verified until late, but finally received the application confirmation 9/16. Im soooo anxious to hear back! For those of you who heard back and have had interview invites, how long after you applied did you hear anything?

I applied 08/24, got a invite for an interview on 9/17! So almost a month later. You got time!! Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from HPU yet post interview? I interviewed 9/28 and haven't heard back! I vaguely remember someone saying we'd hear back mid October?

Congrats on Wingate! I interviewed with High Point 3 days after you interviewed with Wingate, so hoping to hear back fairly soon!

Just received an offer of admission from HPU today! Almost 2 weeks post interview. Still waiting to hear back about an interview/admission/decline from ECU, UNC Chapel Hill, Methodist, and WSSU.

Just received an offer of admission from HPU today! Almost 2 weeks post interview. Still waiting to hear back about an interview/admission/decline from ECU, UNC Chapel Hill, Methodist, and WSSU.
I also received HPU acceptance today! Congrats to you!

I still haven't heard back from either Duke or High Point. I'm getting very nervous and I just want to know already. Is anyone else also in the same boat?