NC DPT Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurePT2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that some people have heard back from Elon and Campbell (plus Duke ED), but has anyone heard from any of the other NC schools?

Namely, ECU, UNC, WCU, and WSSU.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't received anything, except for an email stating they had received my application, and that it will be reviewed. Have you heard anything yet?

Nothing yet. I noticed that on the NC forum last year people started hearing back mid-November to early December. I was hoping that they might bump up the dates this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet. I noticed that on the NC forum last year people started hearing back mid-November to early December. I was hoping that they might bump up the dates this year.
Yeah I saw that too. I gotta stop checking my email constantly. Its driving me crazy!

Anyone heard anything back from any of the NC schools yet?

I got an interview offer from WCU today!
Congrats! I applied there as well, but haven't heard back yet. How did they contact you? and when did you apply? Good luck on your interview!!

Congrats! I applied there as well, but haven't heard back yet. How did they contact you? and when did you apply? Good luck on your interview!!
They contacted via email. The deadline to accept the interview is next Tuesday, so they will probably send out a second batch of interview requests next week. I submitted my application in mid September.

They contacted via email. The deadline to accept the interview is next Tuesday, so they will probably send out a second batch of interview requests next week. I submitted my application in mid September.
Thank you for the information! I guess not hearing anything is better than a rejection. Good luck with the interview!

Reactions: 1 user
I know that some people have heard back from Elon and Campbell (plus Duke ED), but has anyone heard from any of the other NC schools?

Namely, ECU, UNC, WCU, and WSSU.
I still have not heard from any of those schools either and its almost December! It has to be soon though! I did hear back from Elon, Campbell and a few schools in VA however.

I still have not heard from any of those schools either and its almost December! It has to be soon though! I did hear back from Elon, Campbell and a few schools in VA however.

Hey! When did you hear back from Elon?

A few weeks ago, I received a letter in the mail. I was denied, so maybe they sent the denials out first.
I'm sorry to hear that. Where else did you apply? And my assumption is that they sent out their first round of interviews already or maybe they haven't looked at my application yet, when did you send your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Elon actually sent out invites for their first 2 rounds of interviews already. I think they are filling the third round (in January) now.
Western and Chapel Hill notify people right before Christmas. WSSU seems to run late and notify people Jan-Feb

Elon actually sent out invites for their first 2 rounds of interviews already. I think they are filling the third round (in January) now.
Western and Chapel Hill notify people right before Christmas. WSSU seems to run late and notify people Jan-Feb
Thanks for the info! I knew WSSU was gonna be awhile. Western and Elon are worrying me because I have only received emails from the graduate school notifying me that my application was complete, and that I can check my status on their school website. As of yesterday I still had the same status "complete and under review." You think they have seen my application yet?

I'm sorry to hear that. Where else did you apply? And my assumption is that they sent out their first round of interviews already or maybe they haven't looked at my application yet, when did you send your application?
I applied to 13 schools, and every school in NC except for Duke. I have only heard back from Campbell, Radford, Shannondoah, and Elon at this point. I am top 10 on the waitlist at Campbell so Im hoping people will start hearing back from others schools soon and maybe ill move off the waitlist at campbell!

Just received an invitation to interview at Methodist on 1/5. Has anyone interviewed there yet or have any insight into their interview process?

Thanks for the info! I knew WSSU was gonna be awhile. Western and Elon are worrying me because I have only received emails from the graduate school notifying me that my application was complete, and that I can check my status on their school website. As of yesterday I still had the same status "complete and under review." You think they have seen my application yet?

Depends, when did you submit?
They already accepted some students from ED. With the first 2 interview rounds filled up and them filling up the 3rd now, I'd guess that depending on how many people accept their seats you probably won't hear anything until after the new year.

I applied to 13 schools, and every school in NC except for Duke. I have only heard back from Campbell, Radford, Shannondoah, and Elon at this point. I am top 10 on the waitlist at Campbell so Im hoping people will start hearing back from others schools soon and maybe ill move off the waitlist at campbell!
yep I applied to 5 NC schools, haven't heard back from any yet. Only ECU has told me that my application will be under review and that was on 10/26. Did you recieve any emails from any NC schools telling you that your application was under review?

Depends, when did you submit?
They already accepted some students from ED. With the first 2 interview rounds filled up and them filling up the 3rd now, I'd guess that depending on how many people accept their seats you probably won't hear anything until after the new year.
"On Track" tells me that my application was received on 10/3 and is complete and under review. Most of the schools I applied to were sent to PTCAS by mid-late September.

yep I applied to 5 NC schools, haven't heard back from any yet. Only ECU has told me that my application will be under review and that was on 10/26. Did you recieve any emails from any NC schools telling you that your application was under review?
@Mayomi Actually yes, last week I received an email from Methodist saying I would here from them about either a decision for an interview or waitlist. Still nothing so far though.

Just received an invitation to interview at Methodist on 1/5. Has anyone interviewed there yet or have any insight into their interview process?
@ss1817 Did you hear by email or by a phone call. I was told by Methodist I would be hearing a decision from them this week also, but I'm still waiting. Congrats on the interview though!

@ss1817 Did you hear by email or by a phone call. I was told by Methodist I would be hearing a decision from them this week also, but I'm still waiting. Congrats on the interview though!
Thank you! I heard from them by email this morning. Good luck to you, maybe we'll see each other there!

Still haven't heard anything from any schools... this waiting game is killing me.

Still haven't heard anything from any schools... this waiting game is killing me.

I've been going to the gym to work out every single day after work just to get rid of all the adrenaline my body is making waiting on schools to get back to me! I was telling my coworkers that I'm either going to die by the end of the month from the high blood pressure or I'm going to be in wicked good shape from all the running :) Day by day...good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!! It's agony I know

Update:
Elon accepted 10 students ED, and between interviewing on the 2nd and the 13th, they'll have interviewed an additional 48 students. Class size is 46 so they are inviting people in January but they may not have many (or any) spots to give.
ECU's interview is on the 6th. The latest they would let people know is by the 16th.
Westerns Interview is either really soon or it just recently happened.
Chapel Hill is expected to let people know if they are invited on 1/28 by 12/19

Update:
Elon accepted 10 students ED, and between interviewing on the 2nd and the 13th, they'll have interviewed an additional 48 students. Class size is 46 so they are inviting people in January but they may not have many (or any) spots to give.
ECU's interview is on the 6th. The latest they would let people know is by the 16th.
Westerns Interview is either really soon or it just recently happened.
Chapel Hill is expected to let people know if they are invited on 1/28 by 12/19

Thanks for the update. I guess its safe to assume the reason I haven't heard back yet is because they are waiting to see if they have spots to interview additional students after the first two interviews. A little discouraging, but better than hearing I was rejected. Has ECU let anyone know if they are invited or not yet? Also how many interview sessions does WCU do? I haven't heard anything from them since the graduate school emailed me telling me I can check the status of my application online on "Apply Yourself" which tells me my application is complete. Should I call them and ask about my status?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I guess its safe to assume the reason I haven't heard back yet is because they are waiting to see if they have spots to interview additional students after the first two interviews. A little discouraging, but better than hearing I was rejected. Has ECU let anyone know if they are invited or not yet? Also how many interview sessions does WCU do? I haven't heard anything from them since the graduate school emailed me telling me I can check the status of my application online on "Apply Yourself" which tells me my application is complete. Should I call them and ask about my status?

WCU has 4 interview slots. Morning and afternoon on both the 9th and 10th. I've yet to hear from ECU or UNC

I am also interviewing at Methodist on 1/5

I'm pretty sure no one has heard from ECU yet, but if they follow their timing from last year we should hear this week (or next at the latest).

I received an email invitation to interview at UNC 1/21 this morning!

I received an email today for an interview with UNC on Jan 21st!

I didn't apply to UNC, but ECU and WCU have sent interview requests. We won't hear back from WSSU until January.
I applied to both ECU and WCU, ECU emailed me on 10/26 to tell me my application was under review, but since then I haven't received anything. Should I contact that? I thought I would get an email regarding my application regardless of wether or not I was offered an interview or rejected.

Been a tough day. Rejections from ECU, Elon, and WCU. Trying to stay positive!

Been a tough day. Rejections from ECU, Elon, and WCU. Trying to stay positive!

Rejections are never never easy :( I'm sorry, especially if one of those was your top choice. I know I just have to keep telling myself that I will end up exactly where I need to be - and same goes for you! Keep the faith! :)

Thank you both for the support. I have been working towards this dream of mine for the past 3 years. Unfortunately my somewhat mediocre GPA from community college early on is holding me back. What do you guys suggest I do? I still have 3 schools to hear from, but I am also trying to be realistic and start thinking about what I need to do to be a better applicant. This fall semester I have been retaking the 2 prerequisite courses that I have C's in. I know PT is what I want to do, and I am willing to put in the effort.

Did you interview at Elon or did they reject you before that? I still haven't heard anything back from them, and I applied mid-October. Sending positive vibes your way though! I hope you get to follow your passion!

Did you interview at Elon or did they reject you before that? I still haven't heard anything back from them, and I applied mid-October. Sending positive vibes your way though! I hope you get to follow your passion!
Thanks. You too! I did not receive an email from them. However, I checked the graduate portal and saw that my application had been rejected and that I would receive a letter in the mail.

Thanks. You too! I did not receive an email from them. However, I checked the graduate portal and saw that my application had been rejected and that I would receive a letter in the mail.
Sorry about the tough news! Did ECU say not getting an interview invite was a rejection? I haven't heard anything and my status still says under review on the website.

Sorry about the tough news! Did ECU say not getting an interview invite was a rejection? I haven't heard anything and my status still says under review on the website.
Yes they did. I would maybe call and ask about your status.

Thank you both for the support. I have been working towards this dream of mine for the past 3 years. Unfortunately my somewhat mediocre GPA from community college early on is holding me back. What do you guys suggest I do? I still have 3 schools to hear from, but I am also trying to be realistic and start thinking about what I need to do to be a better applicant. This fall semester I have been retaking the 2 prerequisite courses that I have C's in. I know PT is what I want to do, and I am willing to put in the effort.
What are your current stats? I tried for 6-7 years and FINALLY someone said yes to me :) DON'T GIVE UP HOPE

what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?
GPA (cumulative): 3.86
GPA (pre-req): 4.0
Last 60: 4.0
Science: 4.0

GRE: 149V, 157Q, 4.5AW

Hours: 24 inpatient geriatrics, 29 outpatient neuro, 20 inpatient pediatrics, 150 outpatient pediatrics, 52 outpatient ortho. Total: 275

ED: volunteered for 8 weeks over the summer as a student PT in Cambodia; internship in exercise science research in australia; started the Pre-PT Club at my university, student ambassador, and sorority social chair.

I applied to: NYU (interviewed), UNC (interview 1/21), Duke, TSU, Belmont (interviewed), UTSW, TWU (accepted), USC, Cal State Long Beach, Emory, and Chapman.

What are your current stats? I tried for 6-7 years and FINALLY someone said yes to me :) DON'T GIVE UP HOPE
Prerequisite GPA: 3.1 (3.4 once I finish these courses and make A's in them which I think I will)
Cumultive GPA:3.3
148 Quant 149 Verbal 4.0 Writing
900+ observation hours (I work as a PT tech currently at a outpatient clinic, I have about 600+ outpatient hours, 20 hours in inpatient and subacute rehab
4 strong letters of recommendations (2 from PT's, 1 from a proffesor I did research with in the PT lab at my undergraduate university, and 1 from a professor in my major who I had for multiple classes.
Played club ice hockey while in school, and also worked part time while in school.

I know the main thing I should do is retake the GRE, aside from that all my prerequisite courses will be As/Bs after this semester is over next week, and my cumulative GPA won't budge much. What is frustrating to me is that my first 2 years of college at community college I had a 2.8 GPA, which is what kills my cumulitive GPA. I just didn't have the same expectations for myself as I do now. My graduating GPA at my university after transferring was a 3.6 GPA, and my last 60 hours was a 3.8 GPA.