NC DPT Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still waiting on Elon? My portal still says my application is complete and under review.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else still waiting on Elon? My portal still says my application is complete and under review.
Still haven't heard from Elon or Duke. My application was received on 8/2, but I'm assuming we'll hear back by the end of December.

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal still says my application is complete and under review

Still haven't heard from Elon or Duke. My application was received on 8/2, but I'm assuming we'll hear back by the end of December.
Who wants to call Duke and see when they are sending out their next round of acceptances? :bow:

Reactions: 1 user
I was rejected by Elon about a week ago...Good luck to those of you still waiting for the interview!

I received an interview for Elon on 11-22 for the January 30th date. I believe I submitted my application beginning of October.

I just had an interview there yesterday, the facilities are fantastic and all the faculty are so great

I had my interview there on the 2nd, they told us they'd let us know this thursday too.

Goodluck! Hope you hear something good!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get a call from Duke today??

Thanks. You too! I did not receive an email from them. However, I checked the graduate portal and saw that my application had been rejected and that I would receive a letter in the mail.
The same thing just happened to me

Waitlisted at WCU. Fairly surprised and humbled. Probably denying my spot!

3.93 cumGPA
3.93 prereq GPA
4.0 Last 60 Credit Hours
1200+ hours ortho, sports, ICU/Acute

Waitlisted at WCU, a little bummed. Anyone know how many people get put on the list or if theres anyway of knowing where you fall on it?

When I was at the interview, a current student told me she got off the wait list in July. She said that she called and they wouldn't tell her exactly what number she was but they told her what quartile she was in. I think she said she was top 25% of the waitlist.

I got put on the Elon interview waitlist yesterday, and then got a call from High Point for an interview an hour later.

I got a confirmation of them receiving all of my stuff on 12/3 and got the phone call on 12/14

Reactions: 1 users
I got a confirmation of them receiving all of my stuff on 12/3 and got the phone call on 12/14
May I ask if you were taking any prereqs during this past fall semester? I applied back in October and haven't heard anything except that they had received my application and were processing it. I'm wondering if perhaps they were waiting for my fall grades before making a decision regarding my application.

I was taking one to two prereqs this semester depending on the school.

Only received emails from High Point and Wingate that my application has been received and will be going through the admissions committee.

Only received emails from High Point and Wingate that my application has been received and will be going through the admissions committee.
When did you submit your application to wingate?

Application received on 10/6
Application reviewed on 12/12

Received a phone call acceptance from WSSU today! Will be declining my spot at WCU soon, hope that helps someone out!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mind me asking what your stats are?
Sure

cGPA: 3.6
pGPA: 3.6-3.8 depends on retake policy
GRE: 153Q, 163V, 4.5W
Observations: 130 in 4 settings

I am also nontrad and have been out of undergrad working for about 3 years. I think having that work experience really helped me out.

Sure

cGPA: 3.6
pGPA: 3.6-3.8 depends on retake policy
GRE: 153Q, 163V, 4.5W
Observations: 130 in 4 settings

I am also nontrad and have been out of undergrad working for about 3 years. I think having that work experience really helped me out.

Congrats. Those are great stats. What was your undergraduate degree? I started at CC and didn't have the the same expectations I have for myself now. Frustrating, because my GPA since transferring and graduating with my bachelors has been excellent. Hoping I don't get overlooked because of my average grades. Good luck in PT school!

Congrats. Those are great stats. What was your undergraduate degree? I started at CC and didn't have the the same expectations I have for myself now. Frustrating, because my GPA since transferring and graduating with my bachelors has been excellent. Hoping I don't get overlooked because of my average grades. Good luck in PT school!
English Education; it was an interesting switch haha. I saw your stats from an earlier post; your observation hours are awesome . I would definitely say retake the GRE. It sucks how much emphasis they place on it but if you can improve that I bet you'll get responses from schools.

English Education; it was an interesting switch haha. I saw your stats from an earlier post; your observation hours are awesome . I would definitely say retake the GRE. It sucks how much emphasis they place on it but if you can improve that I bet you'll get responses from schools.
Yeah my GRE is for sure my weak point. I studied everyday for about 2 hours or more a day for about a month. I know that standarized tests are important to see how you will perform on boards. My problem isn't with standardized tests so much (I did well on them Chemistry and Physics standardized tests I took) its just for some reason the GRE stumps me.

Anyone hear from any of the NC DPT programs lately?

Accepted into HPU yesterday!
How was High Points interview? I have one coming up in two weeks. They did warn me that the class is filling up quickly and I may be placed on the wait list regardless.

has anyone heard from WSSU/know when they are sending out acceptances?

has anyone heard from WSSU/know when they are sending out acceptances?
I know that the deadline for the first people who were accepted to respond is tomorrow. So, maybe sometime in the next few weeks?

I know that the deadline for the first people who were accepted to respond is tomorrow. So, maybe sometime in the next few weeks?
Any idea how many people they accepted or how many spots may be remaining?

Any idea how many people they accepted or how many spots may be remaining?
I don't have an exact number, but at the open house they said they accept about half of the class before the January deadline. But most of the other NC schools are also responding back at this point and UNC hasn't even held interviews, so they still have people to accept and I imagine they'll dip into their waitlist. I accepted my spot there yesterday; I already live in Winston so it was a pretty easy choice.