NC DPT Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't have an exact number, but at the open house they said they accept about half of the class before the January deadline. But most of the other NC schools are also responding back at this point and UNC hasn't even held interviews, so they still have people to accept and I imagine they'll dip into their waitlist. I accepted my spot there yesterday; I already live in Winston so it was a pretty easy choice.
By waitlist do you mean an unofficial list of people they have not contacted yet? I have not received any email from them. Congrats on the acceptance! That does sound like a no brainer!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to WCU today!! Couldn't be more excited, seemed like a perfect fit. Although the minuscule size of Cullowhee, NC will take some getting used to.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to WCU today!! Couldn't be more excited, seemed like a perfect fit. Although the minuscule size of Cullowhee, NC will take some getting used to.
Congrats!! I got accepted today too! Are you going to take the spot?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I got accepted today too! Are you going to take the spot?
Thanks, congrats to you as well!! Im 90% certain ill be there in August. My acceptance was "conditional" as I have one prereq class outstanding (currently taking it now). I have to get a B in the class to be officially admitted. Shouldn't be an issue but theres always that chance I get hit by a bus or something and can't make it to a test. I feeling pretty good about it though. You accepting the spot?

Thanks, congrats to you as well!! Im 90% certain ill be there in August. My acceptance was "conditional" as I have one prereq class outstanding (currently taking it now). I have to get a B in the class to be officially admitted. Shouldn't be an issue but theres always that chance I get hit by a bus or something and can't make it to a test. I feeling pretty good about it though. You accepting the spot?
I have to make a B in my last pre req this semester too but hopefully that won't be an issue haha. I am almost certain that I will be there in August as well but I am still waiting on a few others.

I have to make a B in my last pre req this semester too but hopefully that won't be an issue haha. I am almost certain that I will be there in August as well but I am still waiting on a few others.
Same, Im heading to Atlanta for an Emory interview tomorrow. But with that massive price tag, they'll have to really impress. Well, perhaps see you in August!

I just got invited to an interview at Elon on the 30th. Does anyone know how their interview process is? I've already been accepted to Georgia State in Atlana and I'd rather go there over Elon. Maybe I'll be impressed when I go, but the huge cost in tuition is going to be pretty big to overcome.

I just got invited to an interview at Elon on the 30th. Does anyone know how their interview process is? I've already been accepted to Georgia State in Atlana and I'd rather go there over Elon. Maybe I'll be impressed when I go, but the huge cost in tuition is going to be pretty big to overcome.
I interviewed at Elon last year. There were 4 sessions: the interview, a facility tour, a session about clinical rotations, and a "break" session. The interview portion consisted of 3 one-on-one, 10 minute interviews with different professors in their offices. It was pretty relaxed. Questions I remember are "what is your experience with research?" and "what problems/difficulties do you foresee physical therapists encountering in the future?" Good luck to you!

I just got the acceptance email from UNC, for those who've been waiting!

Anyone who has been accepted to UNC and definitely plans to attend, feel free to message me! I went to UNC for undergrad. The apartments in a good location go pretty fast. I would love to start looking for a place, and I think it would be awesome to room with other students in the program!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted into WSSU Friday. Declined the offer. Hope that helps someone else out!

Wingate C/O 2020!

I received an email on Tuesday that UNC-Chapel Hill has filled up all seats for their Class of 2020. They also told me I was #1 on the waitlist (I had moved up from #6), which is kind of heartbreaking... My only hope is that someone who sent in a deposit ends up going elsewhere, opening up the spot for me, but that's obviously a bit of a stretch at this point. Very disappointed.

I received an email on Tuesday that UNC-Chapel Hill has filled up all seats for their Class of 2020. They also told me I was #1 on the waitlist (I had moved up from #6), which is kind of heartbreaking... My only hope is that someone who sent in a deposit ends up going elsewhere, opening up the spot for me, but that's obviously a bit of a stretch at this point. Very disappointed.
is UNC CH your #1 choice?

Yep, and the only realistic shot I've had this year. I've been denied or waitlisted everywhere else I applied, unfortunately.

Honestly, don't be discouraged by the waitlist. The school I'm going to waitlisted me Feb 15 & then turned around and accepted me Feb. 27 after their waitlist letter said I could hear something anytime between now & mid-August. I'm still waiting to hear from 8 more schools, so there is absolutely still time for people to drop their spots.

Like a few other people have said, I wouldn't totally write off any hope. I've heard of people being taken off the list right up til the start of classes. Obviously not ideal, but much better than not getting in.

I just got the acceptance email from UNC, for those who've been waiting!

Hey there! I am currently applying to UNC for the 2018-2019 cycle and was wondering if you could share your stats or advice on what you think set you apart? I just got accepted into Campbell and Wingate, but UNC is my top choice and I am trying to gauge my chances. Thank you!

You should definitely save all the stuff you worked on. It is a great additional help and it's also better for you to memorize it if you use a couple of sources. I sometimes use my notes when writing research papers for coolessay and it makes them more original and profound.

Hey there! I am currently applying to UNC for the 2018-2019 cycle and was wondering if you could share your stats or advice on what you think set you apart? I just got accepted into Campbell and Wingate, but UNC is my top choice and I am trying to gauge my chances. Thank you!

Hi! I applied 2 cycles ago now but here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.55, depending on school
GRE: 161Q, 152V, 4.0A
Hours: ~300 in outpatient ortho, peds, acute care, hippotherapy

I think what set me apart, especially based on how I remember the interview going, was my extracurricular involvement. Here's what I'd previously written, for reference: 4-year D1 Athlete, Pre-PT Club Officer, SAAC Officer, Dance Marathon Team Captain. 500+ Hours volunteering in various settings: Weekly at Ronald McDonald House, Week-long service trip in a third world country, served meals to the homeless weekly, organized local children’s hospital events/activities. I believe the involvement got me in the door, and being able to use those experiences in context of their interview questions got my acceptance. Best of luck to you! Let me know if you have any other questions.