Nclex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgirl1

drtioi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the nclex nursing exam, what is the best book to use to
study for this,

Members don't see this ad.

Try Saunder's Comprehensive Review or The Kaplan NCLEX review.

Saunders has better review of content, Kaplan more difficult questions.

Charles M. Frye "2000 Nursing bullets" That was a while ago. At that time, that was the only book that I could find that was worth a darn. It just gives you the straight facts. No extraneous words or BS or cheesy learning aids can be found in this book. I studied it for a week and got through about 800 or so "bullets". I walked into the test center and unloaded on that test. 75q's and out. Too easy.

I wouldn't waste my time with anything else, unless you like being "taught down to" as if you were a 3rd grader ala Sylvia Rayfield.

Mosby has an online review course that is less than $50. You take a pretest and then have a calendar of modules to complete based on the results of the pretest. When you finish the modules you take a mock NCLEX that tells you your chances of passing NCLEX and the areas where you are still weak for further studying.

We recommend to our graduates that they do 100 questions/day, preferably on a computer. The more questions you do, the better you'll do on NCLEX. The computerized questions (CD) will help you be comfortable with answering quesstions on the computer. Also, go to Pearson Vue and watch the NCLEX tutorial. Many of our students freaked out when the tutorial came up on NCLEX and a note that it used a portion of the allotted time. When they do it prior to NCLEX, they don't have to waste time with it later and can just click through the slides.