NDB part 1 scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mishale

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick question,
took my part 1 exam in april'07 and got my scores.
My raw scores are Anatomy 65
Bio/ Physio- 51
M/P- 72
DA/O- 69
And the comp score-80
I know there are really poor scores and I do intend to retake the test all over again. I just wanted to know if doin the decks and the old testa are enuff...coz I did that last time and this is where I stand...Can anyone suggest wat else do I use in my studying this time around?

Members don't see this ad.

basics,basics,basics .....that's what the resent testtakers are suggesting.I find internet a good resource to learn basics.you must have heard about wikipedia .so decks,question papers,wikipedia,ocassionally some reference books would be ok i guess.depends on your time constraints too.....as to how much material can you study.i hope this helps....:thumbup:

hi idcom..
thanks a lot...yes i have definitely checked out wikipedia on a lot of my queries and that was definitely helpful....again thanks a lot...

basics,basics,basics .....that's what the resent testtakers are suggesting.I find internet a good resource to learn basics.you must have heard about wikipedia .so decks,question papers,wikipedia,ocassionally some reference books would be ok i guess.depends on your time constraints too.....as to how much material can you study.i hope this helps....:thumbup:

I agree with this. Also even on the new test there tends to be a lot of repeats. So the more practice test you do the better. I know for me i get tricked into chosing the wrong answer since it sounds very reasonable but realize after seeing the answer that they were really looking for something else.

and so the decks again and again until you know it cold.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey thanks a lot....actually the last time i took the test i went only for decks and old papers and wikipedia too...n i thought i was pretty thorough with it all..but well u know the results...n tehn some ppl are suggesting that i do the kaplan review too...is it helpful? and one more ques....i plan to retake the test by late aug...coz i hope not to be late for my applications....n then the ada are i think recaliberating the format...wat do u guys suggest...sud i wait until oct/sept to take the test or sud i just attempt it once more n test my fortunes?

hi

i m having the same situation as yours. i have also got 80% marks in nbde part 1. so what r u going to do now?did u apply to any uni.? did u get any interview call? and what is yr toefl score?
i m thinking to apply to some universities.what do u think? do i hold any chance to get admission. my GPA is 3.75. pls do reply. i m confused abt what to do? should i app;y at nyu and ucla or ucsa?

actually i am not really sure if i will be applying with that kinda score...i have pretty good gpa of 3.86, i have a yr and a half of work exp, good recomm. but even then i dont think my nbde is good enuff to get me thru admissions in any school....so m thinking of retaking the test...the only thing that is confusing me rite now is wen to take it?