1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

NDB score card advice

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by dentobabe, Apr 29, 2004.

1. dentobabe

dentobabe Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hi all,
    i have a query.i`m supposed to send my ndb score card to the Calif DB,but im in 2 minds about hw to go abt it.I took the exams a yr back n my scores are in my maiden surname.
    I recently got married n have changed my surname.So should I.............
    A) send my score card to the board with a letter explaining the name change n a copy of my marriage certificate(coz that way im sure the scores reach them) OR

B)send a name change request to ADA n then tell them to send the score card with the changed name to DBC directly.

im really confused, pl help which option is better n safer.:confused:
    Thank u. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ketu229

ketu229 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi dentobabe,

I think you should speak to the NBDE office, they will guide you. May they will issue you a new score card or they will just ask you send the previous score card with the details of name change. Did you mary in US or in home country? I think if it is in USA then the problem is much easier.

4. SJ35

SJ35 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I think you should call DB and ask them. the change of name shouldn't be a problem. You might just have to submit your marriage certificate to them. That's what usualy is requiered if the name on some document is different from your current name.

5. Ann 03

Ann 03 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if ur passport name is the same as ur maiden name thn i dont think u should have a problem. just check it out with the ndb to be sure though.