NDBE - Prep. from the scratch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajbathusa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a dentist (BDS) from India .... moved to USA one year ago .... I am a permanent resident. I want to proceed towards my Dentistry career now.

Kindly advice how should I persue ?......

where should I start from ?..... what is the best way to prepare for Dental Board Exams ?..... which are the best coaching centeres ?...... What is necessary for the preperation eg. Kaplan, Dental Decks etc etc ?.

How long usually it takes for a foreign graduate to full fill all the requirements over here ?... and what are the requirements as well ?.... How the complete process goes ?

If any body is working on Part-1/Part -2 in Los Angeles and/or Orange counties, kindly let me know. I will really appreciate your help. My phone number is 408-835-6073

Raj

Members don't see this ad.

rajbathusa said:
I am a dentist (BDS) from India .... moved to USA one year ago .... I am a permanent resident. I want to proceed towards my Dentistry career now.

Kindly advice how should I persue ?......

where should I start from ?..... what is the best way to prepare for Dental Board Exams ?..... which are the best coaching centeres ?...... What is necessary for the preperation eg. Kaplan, Dental Decks etc etc ?.

How long usually it takes for a foreign graduate to full fill all the requirements over here ?... and what are the requirements as well ?.... How the complete process goes ?

If any body is working on Part-1/Part -2 in Los Angeles and/or Orange counties, kindly let me know. I will really appreciate your help. My phone number is 408-835-6073

Raj

you need to join dental school for 2-3 yrs depending on the university to get ure DDS/DMD degree in order to get ure liscence to practice.
for that u need to give ure NBDE part 1 , TOEFL
ADA will require u to get ure grades evaluated from ECE(get a course by course evaluation done )

u need not take the kaplan courses , the review books are good enough , but lot of people have different views, thus search the topic, there are numerous threads on the above topics.decks and old papers are a must to study.
hope this helps ,
toothie

toothie said:
you need to join dental school for 2-3 yrs depending on the university to get ure DDS/DMD degree in order to get ure liscence to practice.
for that u need to give ure NBDE part 1 , TOEFL
ADA will require u to get ure grades evaluated from ECE(get a course by course evaluation done )

u need not take the kaplan courses , the review books are good enough , but lot of people have different views, thus search the topic, there are numerous threads on the above topics.decks and old papers are a must to study.
hope this helps ,
toothie

Thank you very much for your reply toothie