You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Necessity of sketchymicro?
Started by SandP
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Start your free trial on the sketchy website so you can answer this yourself. If you get nothing from it compared to what you learn on your own per bug then it probably isn't worth it for you.
Edit: Maybe pick 1 random bug each system (yours or sketchy), learn about about it, then the next day write out as many facts about each one you can cold.
Edit: Maybe pick 1 random bug each system (yours or sketchy), learn about about it, then the next day write out as many facts about each one you can cold.
I was skeptical at first, but it ended up being by far the best resource (even much better than Pathoma in my opinion). With that being said, I'm of the personal opinion that boards are slowly moving away from questions that can be easily answered by SketchyMicro so you will definitely still need to know the ins and outs of the First Aid microbiology portion. I also thought SketchyPharm was worth it and covered everything on both my board exams, but SketchyPath had only just come out when I hit dedicated so I didn't spend time on it, but have heard that is great as well. I will also say I haven't watched any of the videos for several months and they sill have have helped out enormously during rotations thus far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
resources you should not compromise with:
First Aid, Pathoma, SketchyMicro, Uworld.
First Aid, Pathoma, SketchyMicro, Uworld.
I get that it provides you visual images, but does it provide extra info outside of first aid? My main study method already makes use of memory palaces (self made) so I am unsure whether to make the purchase.
SketchyMicro is a company making memory palaces for you that has the proven track-record others above allude to. I would say what is written in First Aid is more comprehensive, but just reading it won't stick. That's how Sketchy provides value. Same goes for Pathoma frankly. It's his explanations that truly taught me, not the text.
It probably isn't the best out there but it works for me. We shall see during step 1On a related note, what do ya'll think of SketchyPharm?
Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile
resources you should not compromise with:
First Aid, Pathoma, SketchyMicro, Uworld.
Would add Boards & Beyond to that list.
On a related note, what do ya'll think of SketchyPharm?
Videos are too long and imagery is not as consistent as with SketchyMicro.
To the amazement of my Microbiology colleague, my students LOVE Sketchy Micro. Think of it as more visual mnemonics.
I'm by no means a genius, but sketchy micro/pharm has helped me get some crazy pimping questions correct. 10/10, highly recommend.
Never used sketchy (or Pathoma or First Aid), and I still did really well in everything. Definitely not a necessity judging by my experience and some of my friends’ experiences.I get that it provides you visual images, but does it provide extra info outside of first aid? My main study method already makes use of memory palaces (self made) so I am unsure whether to make the purchase.
What sort of madness is thisNever used sketchy (or Pathoma or First Aid), and I still did really well in everything. Definitely not a necessity judging by my experience and some of my friends’ experiences.
I ain’t normal.What sort of madness is this
I don't think I'd have passed the boards without it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But did you do well on the boards? And if so, were you transplanted from the 50s?I ain’t normal.
Didn’t take boards yet since my school moved Step 1 to the end of clinical rotations.But did you do well on the boards? And if so, were you transplanted from the 50s?
Never used sketchy (or Pathoma or First Aid), and I still did really well in everything. Definitely not a necessity judging by my experience and some of my friends’ experiences.
Do you mean this just for classes? If so, I mean those are primarily board resources. If people did really well on Step 1 without using any of those resources then that would be surprising
FWIW, I used FC to memorize FA. You could also use Anki. That incudes memorizing micro. I gave Sketchy a try and didn't like it. I felt like I had to remember what was drawn in the first place to remember what it was alluding to. Illustrative inception.
That's just me though. It's not like if you don't use Sketchy you'll zomg fail. Just try it and see if you like it. Different strokes.
Didn't use it and micro was my strongest section after the test.
That's just me though. It's not like if you don't use Sketchy you'll zomg fail. Just try it and see if you like it. Different strokes.
Didn't use it and micro was my strongest section after the test.
Avoid his sketchy garbage, save your money and create your own method to memorize. It wlll be better for the long term.