NECO Calculus Requirement

richard01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2005
New York City
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi everyone, I'm new here.. I tried searching for this topic, but I couldn't find an answer.. Could someone tell me if the New England College of Optometry's requirement for math is 2 semester of calculus or just 1 semester? I tried emailing them and I haven't gotten an answer, and I'm unsure from their website.. will my pre-calc and calculus 1 course be sufficient? Or must I take the 2nd semester of calculus? Thanks for any help

pre_opt_sku

2010 O.D.
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jun 22, 2005
    Canada
    1. Optometrist
      richard01 said:
      Hi everyone, I'm new here.. I tried searching for this topic, but I couldn't find an answer.. Could someone tell me if the New England College of Optometry's requirement for math is 2 semester of calculus or just 1 semester? I tried emailing them and I haven't gotten an answer, and I'm unsure from their website.. will my pre-calc and calculus 1 course be sufficient? Or must I take the 2nd semester of calculus? Thanks for any help

I'm not sure about that! I have the information booklet from NECO and it says "2 semesters of math (including calculus)", so that would make me assume that just one of them needs to be calculus. I would suggest calling them and they will be able to answer that question for you.

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Sep 28, 2005
        i am certain what you have is good enough! call the school just to be absolutely sure! good luck! :)

richard01 said:

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.