NECO Housing Clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crushage

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the housing clinic at NECO? I am debating whether or not to go because of the cost of travel, etc. Would anyone recommend attending it or finding other ways to find roomates, etc.?

thx

Members don't see this ad.

Crushage said:
Anyone going to the housing clinic at NECO? I am debating whether or not to go because of the cost of travel, etc. Would anyone recommend attending it or finding other ways to find roomates, etc.?

thx

Hey, I'm going to the housing clinic but I'm from the area so travel isn't a problem. It seems like a good opportunity to tour the area and see the housing options we have.

Kevin

Crushage said:

thx
Where are you coming from?

AA

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been looking at places and I will probably be looking for roomates. How far away from school are you looking? I have found that right around NECO, the places are expensive and small. a few miles away they get substantially larger and less expensive, but getting to school will take longer (and I'm not driving to school...there's no da** parking around there). I found studios around school (Back Bay area) are going for $950-1300. Even a three bedroom can be fairly costly. I am looking at a place on Wednesday that looks awesome, but it is about 5 miles away so the rent per person will be reasonable but I'm not sure how long it will take to get to school (I'm guessing 15-20 minutes, but I'll let you know).

AA

I was planning to go to the housing clinic in june as well. It seems like a good way to meet other first year students that are looking for roommates as well as good way to choose an apartment that isn't crap. Yeah travel cost is going to be bad, but I think it better then living somewhere you going to hate for year. Also are you guys going to get a 9 or 12 month lease?

If it's a place I like? I'll sign for 3 years

AA

I just sent in my deposit today. When is the housing clinic?

I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know.

AA

BamaOpt said:
I just sent in my deposit today. When is the housing clinic?
Here's the e-mail I got. If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can forward all the info they e-mailed to me.

April 25, 2006

Dear Member of the Class of 2010:

Welcome to The New England College of Optometry. We know that one of your main concerns is finding suitable housing. We would like to invite you to attend our annual Housing Clinic for new students. Please join us for a light dinner and an opportunity to meet with your fellow classmates on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 6:00 PM. On Saturday morning realtors will speak with you about available apartments as will upper classman looking for roommates.

Attached information will provide more details. We ask you to return the registration form to us no later than Friday, June 2, 2006. If you cannot attend, other resources include Craig’s List (http://boston.craigslist.org/about/apts.html) and our own housing site at http://neco.edu/students/housing. Feel free to contact us by calling 617.236.6228 or 617.236.6208.

The Housing Clinic provides a fun evening, a way to meet potential roommates as well as the opportunity to view available apartments. We hope to see you then.

Sincerely,

Barbara McGinley

Director of Student Services

[email protected]

Joshua Parker

Assist. to the Director of Student Services

[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRIDAY, June 16, 2006

6:00 P.M. Registration – Welcome

6:30 P.M. Get Acquainted Dinner

SATURDAY, June 17, 2006

9:00 A.M. Registration/Refreshment

9:30 A.M. Realtor & Student Presentations

10:30 A.M. Conclusion of presentations, opportunity to meet with Realtors and set appointments.

11:00 A.M. Departure with Realtors and housing search begins