neco

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PLPrincess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have been accepted to NECO, ICO, or PCO. How long after the interview did you find out that you were accepted and how did they notify you?

Members don't see this ad.

PCO e-mailed me the same day they had the meeting with the committee. I think they only have the decisions once every two weeks or something.

PLPrincess said:
For those of you who have been accepted to NECO, ICO, or PCO. How long after the interview did you find out that you were accepted and how did they notify you?

for ico, the admissions coordinator called me about two weeks after my interview. an official acceptance letter arrived a week later...

Members don't see this ad :)
PLPrincess said:

I believe NECO advises you by USPS Express Mail and ICO notifies you by snail mail. Both schools should let you know their decision within 2 weeks after your interview date, depending on when their next admissions committee meeting is.

Also, I think some people on here found out NECO's decision within a few days after their interview!

Did anyone call after their interview to check on their status? Is that a bad thing to do?

I received acceptance letters from PCO and ICO approximately three weeks after my interviews. I did call NECO to check the status of my application about 3 1/2 weeks after my interview. They were able to tell me I'd been accepted and didn't seem bothered by my call. I received my official letter of acceptance from NECO about a month after the interview. Good luck to you! :luck:

no, definitely not...i called all the schools i applied to, every week to check...thats why they have admissions counslers...you should definitely do it...it'll ease your stress

PLPrincess said:
Did anyone call after their interview to check on their status? Is that a bad thing to do?

Oh man.. I just found out it's soooo $$$$ to get from Vancouver to Boston!! How much did u guys spend in going to NECO for interivew?

Thx

Katalio

Hey Katalio,
Yes it definitely gets pricey. Im trying to avoid taking a loan out just for interview expenses. I live in california so for the NECO interview I will be spending about $600. I hope it turns out well! :D

Katalio said:
Oh man.. I just found out it's soooo $$$$ to get from Vancouver to Boston!! How much did u guys spend in going to NECO for interivew?

Thx

Katalio

Katalio said:

Thx

Katalio

I live about 2 hours from Boston, so it ended up costing me a tank of gas and breakfast...but my dad and I are flying to chicago in about a week or two and that ended up being $500 for the 2 plane tickets and a hotel room...

Heh, for those who stayed at boston overnight,
where did you guys stay?
anyone stayed at Guest House? seems like it's the cheapest and closest... but is there a catch or sumthing?

Thx

Katalio

I also declined to interview at neco because of the cost...

Katalio said:
Heh, for those who stayed at boston overnight,
where did you guys stay?
anyone stayed at Guest House? seems like it's the cheapest and closest... but is there a catch or sumthing?

Thx

Katalio

yeah, there is a catch, i was about to stay at the Guest house overnight before i decided to make it a day trip (i'm from NJ)...they had told me $59 for the night...not bad at all...but i called them again last week to book the place for March (my friends and i are going to look for an apartment during spring break) and they told me that the cheap rate expired on March 1st...so depends on when your interview is :) good luck!

When I interviewed at NECO, I stayed @ the Guest House. The staff was friendly enough and it is very close to the school. On the other hand, although the room was clean, it was VERY tiny and basic. Actually, it was like living in a closet. I was burning up the entire time I stayed there. It was so hot, I couldn't sleep. I'm not sure it was worth the money I saved.