You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Need a good GLYCOLYSIS mneumonic
Started by AStudent
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AStudent said:I'm in need of a good one, don't care how dirty or corny...any help would be 👍
I don't know any, but I found that just tracing the pathway helped me memorize it since. I'm a visual learning, so arrows and the structure and the sheet of paper I wrote on got stuck in my head.
I got one for the substrates now, but it's not one that I would tell my mother 😱
Now I need one for the enzymes.
Now I need one for the enzymes.
gerido said:I don't know any, but I found that just tracing the pathway helped me memorize it since. I'm a visual learning, so arrows and the structure and the sheet of paper I wrote on got stuck in my head.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry - mnemonics wouldn't have helped me. I did the write-the-whole-pathway-out about 100 times to get everything down - structures, names, enzymes, activators, inactivators, mechanisms, energy... It's just too much for a mnemonic, I think. Of course, if anyone HAS a mnemonic, I sure could've used it a year ago! 🙂 🙂
I posted the same thread title on another board....someone came up with this
Substrates:
Gorgeous Girls *uck Fine Gentlemen Gently But Prohibit Penile Pooper Penetration
Enzymes:
Hot Poontang Practically Always Takes Great Patience Preparing Eventual Penetration
Substrates:
Gorgeous Girls *uck Fine Gentlemen Gently But Prohibit Penile Pooper Penetration
Enzymes:
Hot Poontang Practically Always Takes Great Patience Preparing Eventual Penetration
Already have one for that (well, at least for the substrates)
mh2002ny said:heh, just wait until you gotta memorize the citirc acid cycle later this week or next week.
If you know the substrates you should be able to figure out the enzyme names with little difficulty, I mean they're not exactly difficult or unrelated. I haven't studied biochem in years but I can remember the first few because I know the first few substrates.
AStudent said:I'm in need of a good one, don't care how dirty or corny...any help would be 👍
WTF is glycolysis??
Why do you need a seperate one for the enzymes and substrates? If you know one, you know the other, right? I don't say this to be condescending. If you know one substrate, and the one that follows it, think of what type of enzyme will change it from step one to step two, and name it accordingly.
Who needs ot memorize this anyways? Wont be on the mcat like this. they may give you the pathway. I think i had to memorize it for my biochem exam but you really have a few steps to pay attention to. The first 3, substrate phosphorylation(i think that is what it was called). then the split step... then ignore the rest until the last 2 steps. Then u'r done!
know the regulation steps: ie first 3 and last one.
know the regulation steps: ie first 3 and last one.
I'm not taking the MCAT, I start medical school this fall.
AxlxA said:Who needs ot memorize this anyways? Wont be on the mcat like this.
http://www.medicalmnemonics.com/
They have mneumonics for everything should help immensely during 1st and 2nd year.
They have mneumonics for everything should help immensely during 1st and 2nd year.
AStudent said:I'm not taking the MCAT, I start medical school this fall.
Atta boy!
dc
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i posted the same thread title on another board....someone came up with this![]()
Substrates:
Gorgeous girls *uck fine gentlemen gently but prohibit penile pooper penetration
enzymes:
Hot poontang practically always takes great patience preparing eventual penetration
Thank you SDN.
if you think and study the chemistry, the names of the enzymes fall into the place. The only one that doesn't is pyruvate kinase, so all you have to do is study the exception.
4
487806
I posted the same thread title on another board....someone came up with this![]()
Substrates:
Gorgeous Girls *uck Fine Gentlemen Gently But Prohibit Penile Pooper Penetration
Enzymes:
Hot Poontang Practically Always Takes Great Patience Preparing Eventual Penetration
Well played



.Mnemonics for complex biochem pathways will be fun to know.
I always sucked at mnemonics. I either memorize the material straight out or it doesn't stick.
WTF is glycolysis??
Hahaha screw you...
Goodness (Glucose)
Gracious, (Glucose-6-P)
Father (Fructose-6-P)
Franklin (Fructose-1,6-diP)
Did (Dihydroxyacetone-P)
Go (Glyceraldehyde-P)
By (1,3-Biphosphoglycerate)
Picking (3-phosphoglycerate)
Pumpkins (2-phosphoglycerate)
(to)
PrEPare (Phosphoenolpyruvate [PEP])
Pies (Pyruvate)
Gracious, (Glucose-6-P)
Father (Fructose-6-P)
Franklin (Fructose-1,6-diP)
Did (Dihydroxyacetone-P)
Go (Glyceraldehyde-P)
By (1,3-Biphosphoglycerate)
Picking (3-phosphoglycerate)
Pumpkins (2-phosphoglycerate)
(to)
PrEPare (Phosphoenolpyruvate [PEP])
Pies (Pyruvate)
4
487806
Goodness (Glucose)
Gracious, (Glucose-6-P)
Father (Fructose-6-P)
Franklin (Fructose-1,6-diP)
Did (Dihydroxyacetone-P)
Go (Glyceraldehyde-P)
By (1,3-Biphosphoglycerate)
Picking (3-phosphoglycerate)
Pumpkins (2-phosphoglycerate)
(to)
PrEPare (Phosphoenolpyruvate [PEP])
Pies (Pyruvate)
Usually, I would question bumps, but nice job. Awesome mnemonic.
Um... SDN is not for homework help?

4
487806
Um... SDN is not for homework help?
![]()
It should've been locked long time back when someone decided to bump a 7-year thread for no reason.
If I recall correctly (it's been a few years), I remember always associating the "kinase" enzymes with an added phosphate group.....
Slight misnomer - sometimes the forward reaction enzyme is named for the backwards one (like phosphoglycerate kinase). Go figure why they decided to make it even more confusing.
I posted the same thread title on another board....someone came up with this
Substrates:
Gorgeous Girls *uck Fine Gentlemen Gently But Prohibit Penile Pooper Penetration
Enzymes:
Hot Poontang Practically Always Takes Great Patience Preparing Eventual Penetration
bruhGlu-GluP-FruP-diFruP-DAP-GHAP-DiPGA-PGA-PGA-PEP-Pyr
Pronounced and sung:
Glue-Gluhp-Fruhp-DieFruhp-Dap-Gap-DiePigga-Pigga-Pigga-Pep-Per
For krebs/cac
Cock In Ass SayS F*** My Ovaries
Been using it since high school.


Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol this was a good one. didn't realize it was necro's until I reached the bottom..
It's so neat to see the statuses of these old members. Some are fellows, others are attendings.
We're all gunna make it. - Zyzz
We're all gunna make it. - Zyzz
Similar threads
- Replies
- 40
- Views
- 14K