$ need a place to stay near NNMC in july

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

concord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing a rotation at Bethesda in July. I need a place to stay for that month, all I need is a floor or couch (and use of bathroom & kitchen). I can pay for this of course(200-300$). I am a Married 29y/o Male. My wife has trained me well I can Cook and Help out with keeping the place clean.

Thanks
Josh Colman
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend asking for help from student affairs at USUHS...we get these kind of requests all the time from HPSP students rotating through Bethesda/Walter Reed. They will send out a email to the 1st - 3rd years.

Rotatores
USUHS 2006

That is $100-200 a week.....right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Croooz said:
That is $100-200 a week.....right?
No!, I don't want to rent a room, :rolleyes: I want to rent a 5' x 3' section of your floor for me and my sleeping bag for 200$.

I'm sorry to say but you're not gonna find anyone in DC to allow you to rent a 5' x 3' space, considering my first studio apt in DC was about the same size. You should probably go ahead and set aside some cash now b/c it's gonna cost ya.

If you are going to NNMC as part of a military rotation under orders you should be be able to get visiting officer housing for cheap. If it is available at Bethesda remains another question. I have traveled this past school year on orders and paid about $27-$35/ night for a hotel room. They have varied from really nice to slightly above a Motel 6. Start with the Navy Lodge at Bethesda - I think they also function as temporary officer housing.

Keep in mind there are quite a few military bases in the DC area including Army and Air Force so it might be worth looking into. You may want to try and contact USUHS as my other classmate suggested- the office of student affairs has a listing of apartments and such that are available. The Naval hospital also has a listing of people looking for roomates or apartments for rent - those are more long term rentals though.

Also keep in mind that if you are traveling under orders you should get Per Diem which includes the cost of food and lodging for the DC area - that could be quite a bit of money and well worth looking into.

Hope that helps

Nixie

Class 2006

1 year 14 days 14 hours 28 minutes and 45 seconds until graduation - but who's counting?

I know it is expensive there! I live in NYC it is even more expensive here! we get people on visiting rotations all the time and the medical student community lets people crash for a month for a couple of hundred bucks. Are you telling me there is not one medical student, intern or resident ( who is probably never home anyway) that could not use a few hundred extra dollars for doing nothing but being cool and letting another struggling med student crash on thier floor? :confused: :confused: I find that kind of sad

P.S. I will not be on AT orders

rotatores said:
I would recommend asking for help from student affairs at USUHS...we get these kind of requests all the time from HPSP students rotating through Bethesda/Walter Reed. They will send out a email to the 1st - 3rd years.

Rotatores
USUHS 2006

I will do that Thanks,

Ummm, I emailed you earlier, as I was having trouble logging on here. But you are welcome to stay with me. I'll be an intern there in July and we have a place that's 2600 square feet, with an extra bedroom (I won't charge you the upgrade fee from your sleeping bag :D ).

Let me know.

Cressidamed said:
Ummm, I emailed you earlier, as I was having trouble logging on here. But you are welcome to stay with me. I'll be an intern there in July and we have a place that's 2600 square feet, with an extra bedroom (I won't charge you the upgrade fee from your sleeping bag :D ).

Let me know.

Sounds great!!

email me again at [email protected] ( you can leave a phone # or we can talk through e-mail) and we can set this up.

Thanks

Josh Colman