need advice after mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

This is really weird
I got a 28M (PS 11/BS 10/ VR 7)

I thought I did really well on verbal and got a 7!
This was about what I was averaging.
Should I retake?

This probably depends on how hard you pushed yourself during the first time of MCAT prep. It would also depend on how strong other parts of your application are, and what types of medical school you are looking at.
 
This probably depends on how hard you pushed yourself during the first time of MCAT prep. It would also depend on how strong other parts of your application are, and what types of medical school you are looking at.
I'm looking for MD , the rest of my application is pretty good.
sGPA is 4.00
GPA 3.97
Good letters of recommendation
Research experience and very good volunteer experience
Got published
 
I'm looking for MD , the rest of my application is pretty good.
sGPA is 4.00
GPA 3.97
Good letters of recommendation
Research experience and very good volunteer experience
Got published

if you know you can do better, retake. same thing happened to me. i felt like i picked the questions in verbal that answered the questions.. never before my first test have i ever scored below a 7 on a verbal section. ended up with a 6. same with bio. never scored below a 10 in BS (in fact the 10 is the low score and i only got one of these on a full length) and i ended up with a 9. from these i know i can at least do 5 points better than what i got the first time, which was a 27. my PS scores were very accurate, something a long the lines of 10, 10, 11, 11, 12 on practices then a 12 on the real thing.