need advice as a current applicant for 09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smp33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone
so i got my second scores back and it wasnt pretty
28S (vr-9 ps- 10 bs-9)
1st time: 29Q
(vr-8, ps-11, bs-10)

also i have applied already for this cycle and do not have the strongest gpa.
Science gpa: 3.15
non science: 3.45
cumulative: 3.27

experience wise i have worked two summers at the preventive cardio and lipid clinic at UPENN in philadelphia, shadowing and doing research (i have two letters one from a doc and one from the nurse practitioner). i also volunteer right now at bellevue hospital in nyc in pediatrics and i am president of a south asian organization that is the largest on my campus. I have two letters from science profs too in physical chemistry and experimental methods lab, both of which i did well in.

I applied pretty broadly i woudl say to the following:
MSU (michigan)
jefferson
temple
drexel
PSU
pittsburgh
GWU
NYMC
mount sinai
suny buff
cincinnatti
UIC
robert wood umdnj
njms umdnj
usc keck
rosalind franklin
loyola
tulane
albany med
rush
suny stonybrook
umaryland
uvermont
wake (i am on hold presecondary until they got my aug 5 scores,i anticipate a prescreen rejection now that i got a 28)
albert einstein

any feedback on how i can make the most of my senior year fall or whatever else i can do to at least get interviews some place would be appreciated, i really hopt to get into an allo school this year asi have worked hard and had an upward trend even in my GPA! i anticipate strong senior year grades as well

Members don't see this ad.

You are aware that the weakest part of your application is your GPA. It will help that you've demonstrated an upward trend the last 1.5 to two years (maybe you'd like to break this down and list it for us). I'd spend this year getting a 4.0, and if you are not accepted, an additional year doing post-bac courses to raise your GPA. If you really want to get in somewhere this year, I'd suggest broadening your applications to include some DO schools too.

ok i had a 3.30 freshman year total gpa (3.12 sci 3.67 non)
3.00 sophomore (2.99 sci, 3.7 non)
3.48 junior year (3.70 sci, 3.34 non)

this year fall im hoping to get a 4.0, 3.7 at worst and i really think i can do it

If you achieve your GPA objective for this term, be sure to send update letters about the achievement.