I will be likely living about an hour and 15 minutes away from my family. So they will be close, and we will likely see each other hopefully once a week if even for a meal, but far enough so that I will have to get an apartment. Studying makes me stressed. I am not going to lie. School stress has always been a major trigger. I have had many breakdowns over school stress in the past. Also, I am very, very close to my family, so it will make me really sad when I have to turn time with them down for studying.
That being said, I love science and I miss being in class. I definitely want to learn more about medicine, and I like the camaraderie that comes out of attending medical school. My therapist basically has the wait and see attitude since we are a few months away. But as someone who puts a secure future before mental health (as wrong or right as that may be), I'd find it hard to turn away from medicine even if I wasn't perfectly okay come summer time. I never want to be depressed over "what if I became a doctor?" Furthermore, I have no backup plan and cannot see myself doing anything else.
So you can probably see why I'm torn. It's basically a choice between mental health or academic interest/financial security...financial Security is no joke in this day and age. Medicine is practically the only field you're guaranteed to have a job in.