Need Advice. Haven't completed Application last cycle.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hojjung33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I applied last cycle in hopes to get into one of DO schools without MCAT score.

(sceince & Cumulative GPA 3.25.. I know it's bit low.. )

However, when I finally got my score.. I realized that it was just too LOW (like low 20s) to get into any of DO

schools that I applied to. Hence, I didn't even submit my secondaries..

I retook my MCAT last Jan.. but score only increased by one point.. So I retook the MCAT again couple of

days ago (June 5th). Before the June test, I have been consistently scoring like 27+ so.. I'm hoping that

I would get a score around my avg. practice score.

Being that said.. I was wondering if I should go ahead and apply to one school .. and then wait for the June

score?

Also, regards to my Personal Statement.. Is it really necessary to re-write/change it?

All I did this past year was study for MCAT, work at family owned retail store (b/c my parents needed help

since we are financially struggling a little..) .. and volunteer in ER..

Ps. I am planning to take some more classes at nearby school so I can improve my GPA this summer.

Members don't see this ad.

What was your degree in and why did you not use it? It seems that you missed an opportunity to do so much more than volunteer in the ER. You could have gotten involved in a service organization, charity, local kids groups, etc. Your education/degree gave you critical thinking skills that can benefit these local organizations. You could have risen to a leadership role in months at some places. That's great that you helped your parents, but you're adding red flags to your application. It's not too late to fix these things.

What was your degree in and why did you not use it? It seems that you missed an opportunity to do so much more than volunteer in the ER. You could have gotten involved in a service organization, charity, local kids groups, etc. Your education/degree gave you critical thinking skills that can benefit these local organizations. You could have risen to a leadership role in months at some places. That's great that you helped your parents, but you're adding red flags to your application. It's not too late to fix these things.

I majored in Biology. The reason I didn't get in to other activities is that I was really struggling to raise my MCAT score