Need advice on how to study for final exams!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreypete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having my anatomical dissections 2 final exam this friday and once that's over I have exactly 28 days for my Anatomy final exam (June 6th); ofcourse I can change it to a later date (but that wouldn't really have any affect). Before the anatomy exam I have my greco-latin medical terminology final exam, and after the anatomy, I have my histology and embryology final exam.

I was just wondering how you guys normally study for the finals? What is your normal routine like? How many days before the exam to you actually start preparing? (not cramming!; I've already started review last month but due to the heavy work load this month, I haven't really stuck to that schedule). Any good tips when taking finals? Also how do you keep away form distractions (movies on weekends etc.) and from getting burned out midway.....???

Thanks a lot guys...

Members don't see this ad.

My best advice is to treat studying like a job. Don't allow distractions to even enter your study area, set time limits, give yourself 15 minute coffee breaks every two hours, break for lunch, and when you're done for the day leave your brain at the office. You will be able to move through a surprisingly large amount of material that way.

If you feel 8-9 hours of solid studying each day isn't enough time then you're either not studying efficiently or you're going to absolutely maim your exam.

and do you think going to the library is a good idea? (I usually do concentrate there better as opposed to sitting at home but it's sort of far from my place).

and do you think going to the library is a good idea? (I usually do concentrate there better as opposed to sitting at home but it's sort of far from my place).

Yes, go someplace you can concentrate. If there is a coffee shop or public library closer to home that works for you, that's fine, too.