Need advice on my chances, please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caz2061165

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working with a 3.34 cgpa and a 3.18 sgpa and a 21 MCAT. is this good enough for any Big 4 school and if so which ones? I brought my MCAT from a 15 to a 21..really good ec's also letter of rec from SGU grad and a adjunct faculty member. Worked as an ER Scribe for 3+ years and as a fitness instructor for the elderly with chronic disease.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The MCAT is representative of testing that you will have frequently throughout your medical career. There are the NBME exams in school, there is the MCAT, and there is the board-certification exams.

I would first figure out why you are struggling with this type of test. If you know the material but have a hard time with this format (no offense, but a 15 is abysmal), you should work on this before you jump into any program that will riddle you with multiple choice tests.

Some people, for example (and not saying you), have mild but undiagnosed dyslexia. Others have severe test anxiety. Some people frequently second-guess themselves repeatedly and cannot commit to a first choice on a test. There are various reasons. But, it would serve you well before you go to medical school to surmount this problem ahead of time.

Good luck.

-Skip

Hi Caz,

Im a first semester at AUC who had similar stats as you (a little higher GPA) with very little biology background before coming here. However I have scored about 15-20% above avg on the last two block exams. Dont get me wrong I have to study extremely hard but it is doable and does pay off. PM me if you have any more ?s