Need advice on pharmacy residency interviews

Started by pharmdsf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmdsf

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was asked to bring a calculator and pencil to one of my interviews- does anyone know what I should expect? Do programs ask their candidates pharmacy-knowledge based questions? Write SOAP notes?

What are some commonly asked questions?

I'm a retail pharmacist hoping to complete a residency after 3 years of working. I've been honest in my assessments and hopeful I can compete successfully with some of the newer grads. But can't help but feel that I have some serious studying to do.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
 
I was asked to bring a calculator and pencil to one of my interviews- does anyone know what I should expect? Do programs ask their candidates pharmacy-knowledge based questions? Write SOAP notes?

What are some commonly asked questions?

I'm a retail pharmacist hoping to complete a residency after 3 years of working. I've been honest in my assessments and hopeful I can compete successfully with some of the newer grads. But can't help but feel that I have some serious studying to do.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks

Residents don't need calculators. you don't need one, prove that you are good at mental math and you're a shoe in.