Need advice on VR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should I do if I finish the Ek 101 VR book? I am taking my exam in June. I got my first 10 on my last test. I have 4 more tests. I have kaplan and TPR
tests. My scores improve only when I take full-length VR tests.

Members don't see this ad.

don't mean to hijack ur thread, but I'm in the same boat..i take my exam in june and I'm almost done with ek verbal...i have to take vr practice continously to improve...any suggestions or new material?

My scores improve only when I take full-length VR tests.

what do you mean by this? You can't improve by doing one passage at a time? Why?
I am just trying to understand as i am also desperately trying to improve in verbal.

what do you mean by this? You can't improve by doing one passage at a time? Why?
I am just trying to understand as i am also desperately trying to improve in verbal.

I am more relaxed and focused when I have 85 minutes than 8 minutes. Some passages take me more than 8 minutes to complete and other take me less than 8 minutes to complete. I believe that if you are having trouble with few passages try to do a whole test instead. I get more wrong when I do few passages at a time. I finish a couple minutes early too. I have never seen improvement in my score until now. The MCAT exam will be a full-length exam so it better to do it exactly like how you will be tested. This is only if you have enough VR prep material. My scores were really low at first but I have improved in 3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd save or at least space out the rest of your EK verbal tests. Then use the Kaplan and TPR stuff to fill in the gaps. I think Kaplan's verbal isn't as bad as some make it out. True it's not the best, but it's still decent enough practice. Remember you will have some verbal practice when you take the AAMC full lengths and Kaplan full-lengths.

I'd save or at least space out the rest of your EK verbal tests. Then use the Kaplan and TPR stuff to fill in the gaps. I think Kaplan's verbal isn't as bad as some make it out. True it's not the best, but it's still decent enough practice. Remember you will have some verbal practice when you take the AAMC full lengths and Kaplan full-lengths.

Okay thanks.

I took a Kaplan VR test today. I scored a 7. I am doing better on EK 101 VR test, so should still use Kaplan VR tests as prep?