Need Advice on What to Do with 1 year off prior to Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pink3045

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be graduating college this year and will not be applying to medical school until the entering class of 2009.

I have an entire year off and want to do something productive with my time. I have lived an extremely sheltered life and want to do something that expands my horizons, makes me a better rounded person, and is productive....and somehow/medically related if possible!

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do? Teach for America was something I really was interested in, but they unfortunately require a 2 year commitment...thank you for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Get a good fun, but practical job. Meet some people and enjoy your free time. Do some things you've always wanted to do.

And the day before medical school starts, stand with your legs shoulder-wedth apart, bend over like a rag doll, keep bending until you get your head between your legs, and look up and kiss your ass goodbye because any sanity you have will no longer be around.

Become a bartender! Swing that Pre-Med goodness and youll bank!! Promise. :hardy: