Need advice! Postbac stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

T-shirt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm currently considering attending 2 postbac programs to fulfill my premed requirements.

I graduated w/ a 3.1 GPA from a top Ivy league college + i have volunteer, experience,etc etc..

Okay, I was admitted into the Tufts PostBac program which is supposed to be awesome! However, I've been living in Boston for like 5 years now and want to move out. It would also be a hassle to deal w/ a lengthy commute to Tufts and not knowing anyone at the school.

The other option is my state school in NY (SUNY) which is down the street from my house and it's where one of my best friends is doing her postbac (we spoke about being partners and helping each other through + i also have my family's support as i live at home). I feel I'd succeed more at my SUNY school because of all the support and because of my friend and the classes are small,etc.

My problem is that I'm not sure if I'm passing up a good deal with Tufts. Its postbac program has a great placement rate for med school. Does anyone have advice for me? Any postbac's out there..I'd love to hear from you especially. WOuld a med school view a Postbac education at Tufts versus SUNY differently?

Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you soon. Take care.
T-shirt

Members don't see this ad.