Need advice with interview rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikey1984

n00b
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Basically I have been accepted in a school that I would like to go to. However I got an interview invite from a school that is lower on my list of schools want to go.
I was wondering what is the best way to let the school know that I want to give up the interview spot and withdraw my application?
should I just write an email to the dead of admissions?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

Basically I have been accepted in a school that I would like to go to. However I got an interview invite from a school that is lower on my list of schools want to go.
I was wondering what is the best way to let the school know that I want to give up the interview spot and withdraw my application?

Thanks

I would call the admissions office and ask the secretary what you should do.

Hi

Thanks

Well I would write to the Dean of Admissions, rather than the Dead of Admissions, but either one should suffice:D. No seriously, you have it right. I just did the same thing for Creighton's invite, which came right after my acceptance to a school higher on my list. In the email, I said something like "While I am grateful for the opportunity, I respectfully decline the invitation to interview and ask that my 2009 application to ____ School of Medicine be withdrawn."