mikey1984

n00b
10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi

Basically I have been accepted in a school that I would like to go to. However I got an interview invite from a school that is lower on my list of schools want to go.
I was wondering what is the best way to let the school know that I want to give up the interview spot and withdraw my application?
should I just write an email to the dead of admissions?

Thanks

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
Hi

Basically I have been accepted in a school that I would like to go to. However I got an interview invite from a school that is lower on my list of schools want to go.
I was wondering what is the best way to let the school know that I want to give up the interview spot and withdraw my application?

Thanks
I would call the admissions office and ask the secretary what you should do.

Pedsbro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2008
Midwest (But always a Cali kid at heart)
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hi

Thanks
Well I would write to the Dean of Admissions, rather than the Dead of Admissions, but either one should suffice:D. No seriously, you have it right. I just did the same thing for Creighton's invite, which came right after my acceptance to a school higher on my list. In the email, I said something like "While I am grateful for the opportunity, I respectfully decline the invitation to interview and ask that my 2009 application to ____ School of Medicine be withdrawn."

About the Ads