• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

mikey1984

n00b
10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi

Basically I have been accepted in a school that I would like to go to. However I got an interview invite from a school that is lower on my list of schools want to go.
I was wondering what is the best way to let the school know that I want to give up the interview spot and withdraw my application?
should I just write an email to the dead of admissions?

Thanks

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
Hi

Basically I have been accepted in a school that I would like to go to. However I got an interview invite from a school that is lower on my list of schools want to go.
I was wondering what is the best way to let the school know that I want to give up the interview spot and withdraw my application?

Thanks
I would call the admissions office and ask the secretary what you should do.

Pedsbro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2008
Midwest (But always a Cali kid at heart)
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hi

Thanks
Well I would write to the Dean of Admissions, rather than the Dead of Admissions, but either one should suffice:D. No seriously, you have it right. I just did the same thing for Creighton's invite, which came right after my acceptance to a school higher on my list. In the email, I said something like "While I am grateful for the opportunity, I respectfully decline the invitation to interview and ask that my 2009 application to ____ School of Medicine be withdrawn."

About the Ads