1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Need Advice.........

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mummyx, Jan 28, 2001.

1. mummyx

mummyx Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anybody knows majoring in Computer Science is a good idea for average premed student??? I mean, how many of CS majors get accepted each year??? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!

KEN

P.S-- I got Cs in Gen-Chem 2, O-Chem 1 and Calculus 1.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Peregrin

Peregrin Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Your degree is not particularly important. There are probably schools who might think that it is interesting, but I don't think it makes you particularly unique from the other science prememds.

However, your grades in premed reqirements (prereqs) are significant and every C is a nail in your potential medical career's coffin. Perhaps a stellar MCAT will level things out for you.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Peregrin (edited 01-28-2001).]

4. mummyx

mummyx Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks!!!!!!

5. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have to agree that every C is a POTENTIAL "nail in the coffin" but don't let it scare you off if you happen to get a few!

I made C's in Organic yet I've already gone to 2 interviews and have 2 more scheduled (and haven't heard from my last 3 schools).

The point is that you DON'T want to get them if you can help it, but if you do, try to take other, similar courses (ie: biochem,etc) to prove that you CAN handle the load! Keep trying and you'll get there!

Good Luck!