Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im sorry to post this here but I'm very desperate, I retook my mcats and received a 28M, 10 phys, 10 bio, 8 verbal... My composite score (best of each section) is 29, 10 10 9 in verbal...I have a 3.58 gpa, with a 3.46 science GPA. I am a 3 year varisty athlete with research/volunteer/ and all the things most pre med have. I applied to a pretty low selection of schools such as (I'm a resident of Ny)

Albany medical college
Boston University
Creighton
Drexel
East Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Jefferson
Meharry
New York Medical
Penn State
Rosalind
Rush
Saint Louis University
Suny Stonybrook
Suny Downstate
Suny Upstate
Suny Buffalo
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
University of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth.

I was wondering should I just withdraw my apps and apply to a masters program or do you guys think I actually have a shot this year. Please do not flame, id like to know where I stand and whether I should withdraw

Members don't see this ad.

You MCAT and GPA are close to many of those schools averages. You have a shot, but you must appear confident to the admissions comittee. Keep your chin up.

JDAD said:
You MCAT and GPA are close to many of those schools averages. You have a shot, but you must appear confident to the admissions comittee. Keep your chin up.

Thanks, but by appearing confident do you mean at interviews, or before I receive them (that is if i do). And if you mean before the interview, how would you advise that?