after speaking with my pre med advisor today he suggested I hold off applying this year and apply for 2004. He reviewed my application and said he didn't see any fire in me. He sees progress but nothing that jumps out. For a little history Im a post bacc student with a C average from my previous university. He suggested I take an additional year of upper level science courses to raise my science gpa and take the mcat this august instead of this april. Im taking the kaplan review course right now and getting 24 and 25s on my practice tests. my gpa at my current school is only a 3.0. Although I really hate to wait another year for med school, just really want to go! I do understand his problems with my application as it is now. I just dont know what to do with my time. I was trying to find some information on those post bacc programs at medical schools. I know of the ones from BU, georgetown and columbia( heard of them ) and know them to be real expensive. Being a texas resident I was hoping one would be available in the state but I dont think there is on. Im just not sure if I should follow his advice. I believe him to really know what he is talking about since he helped start the medical school in san antonio i believe and is a physician himself of many years. Just at odds over the whole thing. Its a pretty big decision and I dont want to commit to something and not know what I'll be doing in the 2003-2004 school calender year. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks.