Need advise on PAT timing...please !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RCT PC CRN

RCT-PC-CRN
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So since this morning I have been doing PAT practice test...all Kaplan online material. Satisfactory performance in individual subsection..(i.e Angle, Keyhole, TFE etc). You could see my timings and scores at end.

But when I did PAT complete section test..ran out of time..didn't do good..66/90 (~18).

What would you suggest to improve overall result?
Would you suggest to practice more with weaker section and try to improve timing?Or do more complete section and try to improve overall timing?
Any other suggestions???

You may be able to suggest me based on my timings and scores. Please see below.

Subsections:

Angle A - (15/15) - 3.93 min
Angle B - (15/15) - 5.50 min
Angle C - (15/15) - 3.35 min

TFE B - (15/15) - 11.16 min

Keyhole A - (12/15) - 13.30 min
Keyhole B - (12/15) - 17.96 min

Compete PAT:

Keyhole - (9/15) - 15.60 min
TFE - (13/15) -19.50 min
Angle - (13/15) - 3.60 min
Hole - (15/15) - 9.80 min
Cube - (11/15) - 9.50 min
Pattern - (5/15) - 1 min (ran out of time)

Members don't see this ad.

TFE and keyholes are killing you. You have to weight whether or not it's worth it to spend 20 minutes to get 13/15+5/15 or drop some time in TFE, get a few wrong, but use that extra time to get more foldings right.

My time breakdown used to be like yours, so as a general rule I tried to be done with angles by the half way mark.

Thanks. I agree TFEs n Keyholes are killing me. I wouldn't be worring too much if it was achiever or even some advanced Crack PAT but this is KAPLAN. You can certainly expect similar or may be bit higher level in actual DAT. I'll try to work on my skill for TFEs n Keyhole for now and see what happens in week or so. Thanks for the reply again.

The first time I did CDP I was really rushed for time. I think in general just the first time you look at PAT it is rough because it is all foreign to you. I would suggest getting CDP and just doing all 10 tests. By the time I had finished my 10th one I was finished with about 10 minutes or more to review all the questions I wanted to. However, on the real exam I was actually really rushed for time and only had a couple minutes or so to review. I would suggest getting CDP as soon as possible since the stuff I did in the Kaplan book was really really easy compared to the real thing. But remember, a lot of it is just getting enough practice in. Don't get discouraged.