need advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre_dental_Dana

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my freshman year and I think my gpa is around a 3.7 or 3.8 but I haven't taken any science classes yet(I was advised to wait until I transfer in Fall 2003 to GC&SU). What science courses should I take and when should I take them in order to be done with them in time for the DAT? And while I'm taking each science course, should I go ahead and study that subject for the DAT? Thanks for any advise you can give me.

Members don't see this ad.

Milledgeville, huh? Well... if that's what you want.

j/k :laugh: Milledgeville's nice.

I'd say definitely start your chemistry series so you can be done with organic before the DAT. Next in importance for the DAT are the first two semesters of biology and a semester of zoology. That oughta be a good starting point. Other than that, maybe throw in your physics and a few other bio electives that will come in handy (physiology, embryology, etc...). I wouldn't worry about studying for the DAT yet. Just be sure to learn the material in your classes. Good luck. :)

You basically take the classes so that you are exposed to the material...you will likely forget 80% of it by the time you are ready to take the test. Then, when you start studying for the DAT, it will not take you quite as long to learn the material if you had never seen it before. Even if you don't get some classes out of the way before the DAT, don't really worry about it since the prep books like Kaplan do a good job of presenting it in a manner as if you had never been exposed to that material before.