Need-based scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeaL6

Class of 2018
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I know it obviously depends on the school, but does anyone know what the chances are of obtaining need-based scholarships with a single mother income of <$25,000? Both the state schools I interviewed at/was accepted to said they offered need based scholarships but I don't know generally how many people get them and what the ceiling is on the amount of money made. Thanks for the replies!

Members don't see this ad.

Very High. I'm was on the same boat. I have a few. Look around the 5-10k+ range. It all depends on the state, the need such as if you are working, and of course, the school. But you defiantly will get something.

Very High. I'm was on the same boat. I have a few. Look around the 5-10k+ range. It all depends on the state, the need such as if you are working, and of course, the school. But you defiantly will get something.
Oh crap, nevermind. I was thinking of UG. But you still can get some money. But you will still have loans. But for some states, you can get a few that were like UG to masters and professional schools. But YOU need to look up your state's scholarships and what money they reward for professional schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, for my state, stuff such as MedApps rewards 2k-10k for scholarship money. Like I said, look at the schools websites, and look up certain scholarships for disadvantage students for professional schools. For instance, if you're minority or poor, there's plenty of large base scholarships such as the one I saw from people wanting to do MD/PHD.

This is very school dependent so it would be best to ask the financial aid offices at the schools you were accepted to.

Seems like need-based aid is very difficult to predict and can fluctuate wildly from year to year and obviously as nemo said will vary between schools. Submit your financial aid papers, cross your fingers and hope for the best!