Need DMU Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RcknRbyn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to DMU, but also have interview invites for
AZCOM and KCUMB. I really like DMU, but would like to know
COMLEX II pass rates for the school before I pull the trigger.

Members don't see this ad.

I hear both KCUMB and DMU do very well because both schools require students to pass the step II to graduate.

Hey,
I called the admissions office regarding that very question a few months back. after being bounced around, i spoke with someone to do with the clinical rotation department. while the comlexI scores tend to be about 5-10% higher than the national average, step II drops to the national average. that is the national average that passes the first time around. the previous poster is right, dmu requires all students to pass to graduate. the reason, i am told, for the drop is because it is more up to the students to hunker down and study on their own. it also depends upon the rotation sites the student undertakes. some facilities are more prone to teaching the student, others less. it is more important, then, if i read between the lines correctly, to choose these rotations wisely based on exposure to illnesses, client populations, and teaching faculty. the rest is all up to you. this hurdle sounded to me like a useful exercise, cuz that's what picking the right residency out is all about.

Members don't see this ad :)
...if you like it or not. All these schools have decent I and II pass rates. Go where you feel most comfortable and where you think you'll enjoy yourself the most. The first two years are tough wherever you go...

I called the Admissions office for the same info.
The pass rate (first time round) for COMLEX I : 94 % (for class of 2004)
The Pass rate (first time round) for COMLEX II : 90% (but this is not for the recent class).

Hope that helps.