Need Help..505 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LazyPanda121

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
....so...I am at lost of what to do at the moment...my score went from 126/129/126/125 (506) to a lower retake: 129/124/126/126 (505) after scoring consistently higher on the FLs

am I doomed for MD?..also WAMC for DO this cycle? (probably 17 MDs and 8 DOs atm)

GPA:3.7+, ORM, California
Have stellar Extracurricular/LOR/Personal statement

Members don't see this ad.

MD will be tough, but not impossible. I got 5 MD interviews with a 507. As long as you have a DO LOR and aren't a ***** at your interviews, you should get a DO acceptance pretty early.

:wideyed:....i actually don't have a DO letter..but I do have a MD letter and I am picking schools that don't require one...

Also I am curious..is "Superscoring" still a thing? because I am definitely applying to GWU and MCW...

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try these MD schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Loma Linda
California University (new school)
Kaiser (when it opens)
Also apply to at least 8 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools.

You could try these MD schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Loma Linda
California University (new school)
Kaiser (when it opens)
Also apply to at least 8 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools.

Thank you for the list!....probably won't apply to Loma Linda (not SDA), or California university of science (...since I can't take out federal loan for the school)...but the rest are really helpful! :)

Thank you for the list!....probably won't apply to Loma Linda (not SDA), or California university of science (...since I can't take out federal loan for the school)...but the rest are really helpful! :)
That's ok. This school is not eligible for them for two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
....so...I am at lost of what to do at the moment...my score went from 126/129/126/125 (506) to a lower retake: 129/124/126/126 (505) after scoring consistently higher on the FLs

am I doomed for MD?..also WAMC for DO this cycle? (probably 17 MDs and 8 DOs atm)

GPA:3.7+, ORM, California
Have stellar Extracurricular/LOR/Personal statement
I suggest:
Wayne State (maybe)
U Toledo
Seton Hall
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
WVU
VCU
U VM
Rush
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Albany
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Netter
Gtown
GWU
UCD
UCI
Nova MD
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

I suggest:
Wayne State (maybe)
U Toledo
Seton Hall
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
WVU
VCU
U VM
Rush
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Albany
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Netter
Gtown
GWU
UCD
UCI
Nova MD
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Thank you Goro!
For MD...I took out Gtown and UCI after looking at MSAR and added Geisinger Commonwealth+Tulane+CMSRU...what are your thoughts?...do I still have a chance this cycle if the rest of my application is strong?

Thank you Goro!
For MD...I took out Gtown and UCI after looking at MSAR and added Geisinger Commonwealth+Tulane+CMSRU...what are your thoughts?...do I still have a chance this cycle if the rest of my application is strong?
DOA at those three.

CSMRU...is that Case? If U CO, still no.

You're below the 10th %ile for Tulane

Gesinger likes people from the Scranton, PA area.

Last edited:
DOA at those three.
oh...by CSMRU i meant Cooper Medical School of Rowan University...

I will delete Tulane then....I will keep Gtown instead...and UCI..haha...after MSAR..I don't think I am near their 10% as well.