WAMC/school list 3.52 cGPA 505 MCAT

Started by Md1287-03
Tags Tags
wamc do
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Md1287-03

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my MCAT back and am contemplating a retake or wondering if I should apply with what I have. Any advice is appreciated!

  • cGPA: 3.52
  • AACOMAS sGPA: 3.366
  • TMDSAS sGPA: 3.4555
  • MCAT: 505 (124/131/124/126)
  • Residence:
    • Texas
  • Ethnicity/Race
    • White, ORM
  • Undergrad institution/ Category
    • Human Bio
  • Clinical experience
    • Volunteer Firefighter/EMT In my home town (started during covid pandemic) +1300 hrs.
  • Research
    • Summer internship working under an MD helping out on various research projects at a well-known major research institution (no pubs)
  • Shadowing
    • +200hrs shadowing at an academic institution (mainly reconstructive uro)
  • Nonclinical - Volunteering
    • +/- 100 hrs in a public health organization mostly hosting workshops
  • Other extracurricular
    • 2 years of Software Development experience for the military (as a contractor)
    • 1 year as a manager at a fast food resteraunt

School list:

UIW
Edward via college of osteopathic medicine
Rocky vista
WCUCOM
LECOM
UNTCOM
SHSUCOM

Any others people can think of! I would apply MD but I think I fall more into DO for stats
 
Last edited:
Your subsection scores indicate you had some content gaps. How did you prepare for those sections?

If you apply without a retake,
* TMDSAS minus Baylor/Dell.
Belmont
New MD’s for 2024
+ the DO schools listed.
 
You could add these DO schools to your application:
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
CUSOM
ACOM
PCOM (all schools)
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
OSU-COM
It is worth applying to your TMDSAS MD schools also.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You could add these DO schools to your application:
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
CUSOM
ACOM
PCOM (all schools)
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
OSU-COM
It is worth applying to your TMDSAS MD schools also.
Thank you! Is it really worth it to apply TMDSAS with my stats? I look at the averages and I'm decently far from them
 
Your subsection scores indicate you had some content gaps. How did you prepare for those sections?

If you apply without a retake,
* TMDSAS minus Baylor/Dell.
Belmont
New MD’s for 2024
+ the DO schools listed.
Thanks for the reply! I definitely did not study as much as I wanted to for mcat, but I also think I was having a rough day for science. My FL avg. for CP and BB was ~126 under testing conditions.

For prep, I did Khan academy videos, milesdown deck, Qbank, and Practice tests.

Didn't buy Uworld or anything else because I didn't want to pay
 
Can home be described as urban, suburban, or rural? Does this factor into your ultimate goal as a physician?
Home area is rural/suburban interface. Lots of rural underserved. My dept. has to cover 100+sq. miles so much of the area I serve could definitely be described as rural. This certainly plays a role in my future plans as I intend to do something rural/emergency medicine related