Need help choosing schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whooy89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a Texas resident with a 4.0. My MCAT is 10VR/11PS/10BS so a 31R overall. These are the schools I was thinking about applying to..

Baylor
Boston
Georgetown
Tufts
USUHS
Vanderbilt
NYU
Southwestern
UTHSC
UTSA
UTMB
TTUHSC

any comments or suggestions???

Thanks!

I don't know anything about TX schools, but I'd say your list is a little top-heavy. Your gpa is super, but your MCAT, while a-ok, will likely not be enough for some of these picky private schools (Vandy, NYU, Baylor, Boston, etc.). I'd advise that you add some lower tier schools that you would be happy with. What about Wake Forest, or NYMC, or SLU?

Again, I don't know how TX schools work, so maybe these are your safeties, but if not, I'd strongly advise that you add some.

Good luck!

I don't know anything about TX schools, but I'd say your list is a little top-heavy. Your gpa is super, but your MCAT, while a-ok, will likely not be enough for some of these picky private schools (Vandy, NYU, Baylor, Boston, etc.). I'd advise that you add some lower tier schools that you would be happy with. What about Wake Forest, or NYMC, or SLU?

Again, I don't know how TX schools work, so maybe these are your safeties, but if not, I'd strongly advise that you add some.

Good luck!
OP, don't miss any TX schools. Add TTECH EL PASO and A&M...Ok may if you're a longhorn that you are justified to skip that one.

With all these state schools I think you should be safe.:xf: