Choosing Between Masters Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I'm in a situation where I will be able to receive funding for any 1 or 2-year master's program of my choosing (that I get into lol), and was debating between options. I'm currently a sophomore with a low (3.0-3.3 range) GPA, but some very strong ECs. Before applying to med school, I want to do a medical-related master's to see if I would be able to handle it on the academic end, strengthen my application, and also because it is at no cost to me. The two programs that I was looking at are
  1. The Master of Science in Medical Sciences Gateways Program at The Warren Alpert Medical School
  2. Harvard Medical School Master of Medical Sciences in Immunology Program
From the students I've talked to in these programs, they aren't terribly difficult to get into, but of the two, which do you think would help me with competitive med school apps best?

Members don't see this ad.

Could you put the links to both programs here?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would genuinely appreciate any input on this topic. Thank you!
Your WAMC profile

Shorter term unless you want the additional education or cost. Is your goal to be a physician? (Would any of the money you say you have set aside for a longer master's be available to you for medical school?)

After determining your costs (time and cost of attendance), figure out the curriculum and support you get from each option. How have students fared when it comes to getting into medical school after completing the programs? What support for students exists? Are there articulation agreements to schools?

Last edited: