Need help deciding school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tomjerry777

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need help deciding what types of schools to apply to.

Bachelor's at Johns Hopkins
GPA: 3.99
sGPA: 4.00
MCAT: 522

ECs:
  • Research in lab (Many 100s of hours). Had 3 posters. One of them at a good conference
  • Research in another lab (100 hrs my freshman year)
  • 2 internships.
  • Member of and former leadership position in a non-social fraternity
  • ~200 hours shadowing (20 hours with primary care, rest with specialists)
  • ~150 hours clinical volunteering (admin position)
  • ~50 hours non-clinical volunteering
  • TA for 2 classes
  • ~150 hours in volunteer club

Current School list:
  • In state schools
  • Johns Hopkins

Where else should I consider applying to? I would appreciate any advice! I'm currently really lost on where to apply.
 
Last edited:
Wash U, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, NYU, U Penn like high MCATs. You could add more top-tiers if you want. I would also have a solid list of mid-tiers: Emory, Case Western, Dartmouth, USC, to name a few. Top OOS publics might be worthwhile given your stats (consider UMich, UCSF, UVA.) I think lower-tier schools (Tulane, Loyola, Drexel, etc.) would be low-yield for you since many have a service focus and that seems to be your weak area.

Good luck!