Need help deciding which school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldiva27

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was accepted to both University of Utah's Dental School and Temple's Dental School. I am from Pennsylvania so Temple makes more sense financially but I really liked the atmosphere of Utah. I have been living in Philadelphia for the past two years and kind of want a change of scenery but I'm not sure if that justifies paying for out of state tuition. I really liked Temple and the students there but have heard some negative things about their program as well. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the pros/cons of each school. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, do what your heart desires! I know it sounds cliche, if you want a change of scenery then go Utah. However, if you feel comfortable in Philadelphia and want to stay in an Urban environment then do that. I don't know you well enough as an individual to help you with that decision. Both are great schools, Utah is definitely more "new in the sense" but might give you a more at ease environment. At the end of the day the education is pretty much the same, they don't really teach you anything groundbreaking/different. Temple may have more opportunities to specialize in comparison to Utah, but that's pretty much the biggest difference I can think of in regards to professional life. The rest will be up to your preferences and finances. Best of luck! Hope I helped.

So I was accepted to both University of Utah's Dental School and Temple's Dental School. I am from Pennsylvania so Temple makes more sense financially but I really liked the atmosphere of Utah. I have been living in Philadelphia for the past two years and kind of want a change of scenery but I'm not sure if that justifies paying for out of state tuition. I really liked Temple and the students there but have heard some negative things about their program as well. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the pros/cons of each school. Thanks!

Go to the cheapest school. You'll be happier in the long run

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't Utah like a year old? I vote for the more established school if the cost difference isn't substantial.

Sent from my XT1575 using SDN mobile