Need Help Deciding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gooseHC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of applying and am hoping and have heard from my advisor that I'm
going to get in somewhere, but I'm now concerned as to which school to choose. I'm
leaning towards UMass because it is really inexpensive and a good school but also am
considering Georgetown and Loyola Chicago...any opinions of these schools?? Or any
advice. Also, coming from a Jesuit school with great ties with both Loyola and GTown,
a 3.5 GPA and 10,10, 9 verbal MCAT...are my chances good?? any help would be
appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand why you want help deciding if you haven't even gotten accepted yet. :confused:

As for your chances, based on numbers only, you have a decent chance. Numbers are only one component of your total application, but should have a good chance at acceptance to at least one school. Of course, it's all a crapshoot anyway, so don't quote me on that.

Good luck.

Don't worry about it. :) The schools will decide for you where you'll be going.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the other posters. Your stats are good but that is only half the application since everyone applying will have similar stats. You did not mention your EC or any experience in the medical field. Are you only planning to apply to those three schools? You may want to broaden your selection to increase your chances of acceptance. Good luck with the application process.

Of those 3 schools... I only applied to GTown. I interviewed there last month and they do base a lot of their education on the Jesuit belief of healing mind, body, and soul. Also, their curriculum and clinical learning is very very rigorous. As a med student you do a lot that some first year resident dont do. The collegetown around that school is absolutely gorgeous.

But listen to the others.... dont worry which is the one you should go to until you have interviewed there and been accepted to those schools. Like someone said, they will choose for you.

Also as far as numbers go, who knows? I know somebody with a 27 MCAT at Harvard and someone with a 3.98, 40 MCAT who didnt get interviewed anywhere. Obviously, the other things matter a lot or those examples wouldnt exist.