Need Help- Performance Review and Transferring Job at Walgreens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrandTheftAutumn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need help from those who have experience with Walgreens.
Long story short, I'm a staff pharmacist at a dumpster Walgreens store managed by dumpster store manager and pharmacy manager.
My performance review is below 3, which I don't think I deserve.
I need to get out of here- but when I apply to Walgreens pharmacist position as an internal candidate, my application gets automatically rejected due to my performance review score.
(Towards the end of the application, there is a question that asks if my performance review is 3 or above, and I have to say no).

I was wondering if any of you had any experience getting around this.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a 3.4 and my request was largely ignored. Just reach out to the DM and he/she will make it happen or they won't. It is up to you where you want to be while you wait for it to happen. There is NO protocol.

Reactions: 1 user
I did reach out to my DM and the response was that I have to work with the store manager and pharmacy manager to get my performance review up... which is not going to happen.
I bust my ass working here but the leadership is a barrier and technicians agree.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do not expect anything from your current DM but try to work with your future DM

Can you complain about this as part of a corporate "open door" policy to try to get the eval reversed? They do this **** at Walmart as it is an HR liability to say anything negative or write anyone up.

I don't work for walgreens but have you already try talking to both these managers in a professional manner to find out what you can do to improve whatever flaws they are hitting you with? I know there are a**holes out there but I doubt they take those leadership positions to purposefully try to sabotage you unless you really are just bad. Get some feedback and try to knock down those barriers. I feel like a lot of people have trouble with this because they are prideful and don't want to accept any negative feedback so they don't feel like they have anything to improve. Just my 2 cents.

I feel like a lot of people have trouble with this because they are prideful and don't want to accept any negative feedback so they don't feel like they have anything to improve. Just my 2 cents.

I for sure am guilty of this. Whenever my boss brings up an area of improvement I want to ask him if he is kidding or play a game of whataboutism with my coworkers.

I transferred between Walgreens' about 5 years ago and I don't even recall the performance score being a factor. If the new location needs an experienced pharmacist, reach out to the DM of that location to make it happen. Give a personal reason like you'd be closer with family or a significant other. Also, get to know the new store manager and if you guys hit it off, he/she will try harder to make it happen.

Can you complain about this as part of a corporate "open door" policy to try to get the eval reversed? They do this **** at Walmart as it is an HR liability to say anything negative or write anyone up.

Not sure but if there's no other option...

I don't work for walgreens but have you already try talking to both these managers in a professional manner to find out what you can do to improve whatever flaws they are hitting you with? I know there are a**holes out there but I doubt they take those leadership positions to purposefully try to sabotage you unless you really are just bad. Get some feedback and try to knock down those barriers. I feel like a lot of people have trouble with this because they are prideful and don't want to accept any negative feedback so they don't feel like they have anything to improve. Just my 2 cents.

Despite my flaws, I still believe that I don't deserve a review that keeps me from transferring.
But that's off the point. I need to get out of this toxic environment ASAP, not after the next review; part of me wishes that I just want to be put out of this misery.
Hence I'm looking for an exit strategy.
You may feel the same way if you were in my shoes.

I transferred between Walgreens' about 5 years ago and I don't even recall the performance score being a factor. If the new location needs an experienced pharmacist, reach out to the DM of that location to make it happen. Give a personal reason like you'd be closer with family or a significant other. Also, get to know the new store manager and if you guys hit it off, he/she will try harder to make it happen.

Yes I may try reaching out to other DMs.

Anybody know what would happen if I apply as an external candidate?
It won't ask me the performance review score, so at least my application won't get rejected automatically...