1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Need help purchasing a stethoscope!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by newfocus, Nov 6, 2001.

1. newfocus

newfocus Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sup SDN'ers~

I was just wondering if you guys/gals new any websites where I could get a good deal on a stethoscope?? I know Littman is a good brand but is there a certain model that works really well?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

newfocus out~

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

Littman III or Master cardiology by littman. As long as you are at a good site (medsite.com), the more it costs, the better it is. You should spend around 130 for the littman III.

4. cardiosurg

cardiosurg Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The cardio- thoracic surgeon that I work with told me not yet to buy a cardio scope.He told me to wait until residency-and do not buy anything that you can not replace! He did tell me not to buy the cheapest one either. Mine was a Littman II SE.It was $100. The vascular surgeon said that if you are good at what you do, (as long as they are not the cheap $20 nursing ones) any will work (unless you are a cardiologist,etc)even in finding those difficult to find murmurs. Hope that helps!