need help urgently

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mohitjain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
i m doing my 2nd BDS from india and i want to give part 1 after my 2nd year i.e. in oct/nov.
can anybody tell me if i can appear for it or not?
i tried to contact ADA but couldnt.
waiting for reply as soon as possible

Members don't see this ad.

in the exam if u see oral patho comes, if in ur university they teach u in second year u and u feel u r ready, give mock exam if u score 90-95 then that is fine as in real exam u will get no less than 85. but if in ur university they teach oral patho in third year like in my university then it better to wait and have a real good hold on ur basics and then give NBDE part 1.

oral patho as part of patho micro not a seperate exam

Members don't see this ad :)
anjali_45 said:
oral patho as part of patho micro not a seperate exam

hi personally feel , u can give it...
i think u have to get ure deans signature that u ar a student on the application form. i dont think u need to send ECE as u havnt graduated ..
i wasnt aware of this .. teill recently someone mentioned the same thing on the forums here.. dont remmeber the thread ... but im sure i read it.
as far as o path is concerned.. there isnt too much.. i dont remmeber anything from o path except micro organisms being asked .. which u can read separately.
if u can give it .. it really is great ... cause the subjectsa re fresh in ure mind...
in fact a lot of students in dental school here give the exam after the first year even though a lot of subjectsa re covered in the second....
u can check old threads in the denatl forum for this.
if i can find out somethign.. will let u know..
all the best
toothie

thanks a lot
i want to give part 1 this year only. can u tell me ur name and phone number so that i can contact u directly?

thank u
i want to give part 1 this year only. can u tell me if i can continue my 3rd year from US as DDS starts from 3rd year itself for international dentists?
pls can u give me your name and contact number so that i can directly contact u?
it will be a great help

mohitjain said:
thank u
i want to give part 1 this year only. can u tell me if i can continue my 3rd year from US as DDS starts from 3rd year itself for international dentists?
pls can u give me your name and contact number so that i can directly contact u?
it will be a great help

hi...
the advanced standing programme is an accelerated programme for trained dentists.
only on completing ure dentistry in india can u apply for the advanced standing programme.
the universities that offer space based programme , make u matriculate in the second year.
if u join the regular 4 yr programme u have to give ure DAT.

best is if u complete ure course in india , give ure part 1 and part 2 simultaneously, so that u dont loose time and then immediately apply for the advanced standing programme.
i know a friend of mine had given her part 1 prior to completing her BDS. she has given it during her internship...
in case u cant give it now... ie presuming ADA doesn not allow it.. u can def give it during ure internship...

toothie said:
hi...
the advanced standing programme is an accelerated programme for trained dentists.
only on completing ure dentistry in india can u apply for the advanced standing programme.
the universities that offer space based programme , make u matriculate in the second year.
if u join the regular 4 yr programme u have to give ure DAT.

best is if u complete ure course in india , give ure part 1 and part 2 simultaneously, so that u dont loose time and then immediately apply for the advanced standing programme.
i know a friend of mine had given her part 1 prior to completing her BDS. she has given it during her internship...
in case u cant give it now... ie presuming ADA doesn not allow it.. u can def give it during ure internship...

hi
i had a talk with ADA and they told me that i m eligible to take part 1 and also i can continue my education there after my 2md year.
whats ur opinion???

mohitjain said:
hi
i had a talk with ADA and they told me that i m eligible to take part 1 and also i can continue my education there after my 2md year.
whats ur opinion???

if u can.. that really good....!!!
wasnt aware that it could be done,,,,
contact the universities too..... speak tot hem.. see what they have to say..re: transfer .. cause as far as i have heard transfer for students from one university to another here is not easy...
anyway.. prepare for ure part 1.. and give it asap....
anythings possible....:)
all the best

Mohit

Calm down. I know you are all geared up to be the first and only one to take the Part one while still in Dental School. Too bad. You are not. I know some one who took it in 3rd year. I know 2 more people who took them in internship,myself included.

There are 2 main reasons why you should not take the exam before you finish your Final BDS:

1) You are not mentally ready to take the exam. You will say you are and that you can study and all that. But its much better if you finish the final year before you take the exam. The level of training the kids in Dental School receive is much better than the one we get back home.

2) A lot of school accept scores no later than 3/5 years. BU for eg needs the exam to be taken in the last 3 years. You will not make it in time.

As far as joining the Advanced Standing Program directly after your 2nd year is concerned,that a whole lot of crap! As a normal person would say,"Bull S**t"

You probably dialed the wrong no and they were just playing around with you.

http://www.dental.upenn.edu/academic/PASSprogram/pass-requirements.html

http://dental.pacific.edu/admissions1/IDS/admission.htm

http://dentalschool.bu.edu/bulletin/Bulletin-DMD.html

These are the web pages of the 3 renowned dental schools in the US with Advanced Standing Programs. They state the requirements to APPLY for the program,not get in,APPLY.

If you bother to read all of them you will find that all need to Dental Degree. If you plan to join here after 2nd year, where the hell do you plan to get your degree from?

So my unwanted advice is

Stop building castles in air. Postpone the boards till your internship at the earliest. Finish you final BDS.

Most importantly stop using your real name on a forum like this. If your faculty reads it,the fireworks will not be very enjoyable for you.

P.s. I am sure you will feel like shooting me for saying all this. But some where down the line you will be thankful to me for this talk.

mohitjain said:
hey guys
i m doing my 2nd BDS from india and i want to give part 1 after my 2nd year i.e. in oct/nov.
can anybody tell me if i can appear for it or not?
i tried to contact ADA but couldnt.
waiting for reply as soon as possible

nope.....you can not join DDS after 2nd year.I know a friend of mine who took up part-1 after second year....she did pretty well.....she took it in mid third year........all the best... :luck:

hello mohit,
yes!it is true!u definitely can take up ur nbde1 after ur II BDS,i'm pretty sure of that!but u cannot join an advanced study program for internatinal dentists in a dental school out here!u dont have the proof,that u r a dentist,right! ;) schools out here ask for ur dental degree certificate!how r u gonna show them that? ;)

meetlife said:
nope.....you can not join DDS after 2nd year.I know a friend of mine who took up part-1 after second year....she did pretty well.....she took it in mid third year........all the best... :luck: