Need help with Histo & NBME for Histo/CellBio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skans

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a first semester student and Histo at our school us fairly tough. I'm using the BRS book but it doesn't go into enough detail compared to the teacher's slides so also using the Junqueira book and Blue Histo website.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for the Histo/Cell Bio NBME (worth 20% of our final mark) and any other resources like videos or question sources...our teacher focuses more on theory/function than slides and the slides which are used are always electro micrograph slides (so black&white). For cell bio, I'm not sure if the BRS book plus class notes would be enough or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump....I know that there aren't as many resources for His to but does anyone have anything? Blue his to is good for slides but that and the BRS book just don't cover enough detail compared to my profs lectures and I would rather avoid the histo atlases.

Netter's Histology was moderately useful. Good pics, short and informative explanations without beating the dead horse.

Reactions: 1 user