Need help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllergyPolarBear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would just make sure your personal statement is good and I don’t think you’ll need many safety schools. You have nearly perfect statistics.

I would just make sure your personal statement is good and I don’t think you’ll need many safety schools. You have nearly perfect statistics.
Thank you! I feel like many schools don't like to see so many CC credits. My ordinary EC also worries me a bit and I just wanted to play it safe. Thank you so much for your kind encouragement! Do you have any school in mind that I should look into? Thank you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I feel like many schools don't like to see so many CC credits. My ordinary EC also worries me a bit and I just wanted to play it safe. Thank you so much for your kind encouragement! Do you have any school in mind that I should look into? Thank you! :)
Some don’t, but just because they think the rigor isn’t as hard. You have an amazing DAT score that shows you learned the lower level sciences that you took at community college anyways. I wouldn’t even think many schools are out of your reach. I would spend time looking up schools you’d actually want to attend if given an acceptance and only apply to those. Look up areas that you’d like to live. I’ll private message you some other information.

More details on your shadowing and dental experiences. Have you been working with dental students at UCLA or USC? Your application should be strong with a solid PS, LORs, and interviewing.

Some don’t, but just because they think the rigor isn’t as hard. You have an amazing DAT score that shows you learned the lower level sciences that you took at community college anyways. I wouldn’t even think many schools are out of your reach. I would spend time looking up schools you’d actually want to attend if given an acceptance and only apply to those. Look up areas that you’d like to live. I’ll private message you some other information.
Thank you :) :)

More details on your shadowing and dental experiences. Have you been working with dental students at UCLA or USC? Your application should be strong with a solid PS, LORs, and interviewing.
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I haven't worked with dental students at UCLA or USC. One of the general dentists I shadowed hired me and I worked as a dental assistant in her clinic for a year.

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I haven't worked with dental students at UCLA or USC. One of the general dentists I shadowed hired me and I worked as a dental assistant in her clinic for a year.
Can you give us more details about the practice? The patient clientele? How much front desk and back desk?

Can you give us more details about the practice? The patient clientele? How much front desk and back desk?
It's a general dental office. I mostly worked as a chairside assistant (mostly back office).

Reactions: 1 user